15 months and no walking

Geeta Padmasinh Jadhav

my daughter is 15 months and just hates walking... she crawls a lot... walks by holding my fingers or any other support... but doesn't walk independently.. Not that I am concerned a lot but I need few tips to encourage her to walk independently...

• 4

Geetika

Hi Geeta, When my daughter was having problems with walking. I purchased toys that she could push to increase her to walk. It allowed her to be independent and also allowed her to play. Don't worry your daughter will be fine. A friend of mine was in the same situation & her son just got up one day and off he went!!! he was just under 18 months, and now he runs everywhere. All kids are different.

Divya

Geeta Padmasinh Jadhav, you could tempt her to do it by say putting a toy at a distance and some height (a small sturdy stool) and ask her to walk to it. Or sit on your knees and call out to her to come to you for a hug... she will not be able to resist it and will come, but at the same point, ask her to walk and not crawl. Sometimes, when children who have just started walking are in a hurry, they will tend to rush to you on their knees than walk.. so prompting works.

Dear Geeta, this is very normal. Many kids walk late. My son walked independently at 20 months. Let her continue walking by holding your fingers and taking support. This will help to make her leg muscles stronger and improve her confidence, then one day she will take those first steps :)

manisha bahuguna

I think you should not get worry about it. All kids have different things, some walk early, some start to speak early. Just give her proper leg massage with coconut oil and keep encouraging her to walk, give her your support to walk. And after few months she will start walking by her own.

1 yr baby diet chart nd time table

hii..... my baby is 1 yr old plz sussest me diet chart nd time table for him......

one to one chat with parent

is there any field in patent lane where we can chat with a fellow parent one to..

how to stop breastfeeding of 2 year baby

my 2 year baby girl while sleeping at night always ask for breastfeeding. Every..

Thumb sucking

Hi mommies.. my almost 2 year old daughter is still sucking her thumb! I have tr..

baby

my baby is 2. 4yrs old.. And he is not at all intrested in eating.. n so much ir..

Banana in winters

can i give banana to my 15 months old baby in winters as she loves banana a lot

hi this is sravani

my daughter age 2 years 9 months she don't like to eat food ,she was very thin a..

2 year toddler throwing tantrums.

She screams at the top of her voice i don't know what to do and how to control h..