9 month old cant sit on his own

Vidhya

Hiii.. My son completed 9months today.. he cant get up to sit on his own.. but sits with support. He crawls in military style. when i make him sit.. he will come on his stomach very soon. he likes to be on his tummy. I am worried as he is not able to achieve this milestone. Please suggest me ways i can train him to sit or crawl using hands and leg.

Divya

Great advice Swati . I have tried some of them suggested by my friend. It worked for my child.

Vidhya, Please do not compare your child with other children or the mentioned milestones. Don't worry. Some children walk as late at 18 months also. Infact forcing him to sit or walk before he is ready, can be counter productive for his developing bones. Leave him on the ground, bed, grass... different surfaces, different textures, and let him explore his surroundings, spread his toys around him, get the battery operated engines and cars which he might want to follow around etc. These will push him to push himself.

Ankita A Talwar

Vidhya, While most children have their own milestone, you might want to check with a paediatrician or a sensory and motor skills development expert (Most hospitals with a good physiotherapy department have such experts for children. ) Here they will give you some techniques and ideas to help him develop. From your side, motivate him enough. Stand at a distance and call out to him lovingly, asking him to come to mumma. Let him reach you and then lift him and give him a rewarding hug; also play a game with him where you crawl alongside. This will give him an idea of crawling. Hope this helps.

Shilpa

Vidhya I agree with Nitin and Ravina here. Different children have different milestones, so don't worry. He is not late. You can check out some toys in the market that will boost his large motor skills such as walkers (avoid the circular ones as they can cause serious accidents) or ask him to simply hold his pram while you gently steer it around. All these will help fine tune his walking, standing etc.

Ravina

Vidhya, don't worry. Every child is different. Some children infact don't crawl at all and straight start to walk. Crawling is a basic skill that the child will learn on his own. What you can do is provide enough motivation for him to make an effort to move, such as scatter his favourite toys around him and tease him to come to them to pick them up. that should propel him forward. hope this helps.

Vidhya- don't worry, this is a developmental stage for your child. you may want to look at providing the right gross motor development toys for your child at this stage. you could access these under the toys category for toddlers.

Rajat

Hi Vidhya You may try and make him walk with your hands support. sometime babies just dont put effort as they are comfortable not moving.

Hi Vidhya, Thank you for sharing your concern with us. We understand your concern. While you receive suggestions and inputs from fellow parents on parentune, in the meantime, here is a talk which deals with the concern area mentioned by you and may be of help- http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/my-baby-is-not-sitting-up/785

Feeding bottle

I will be traveling with my 7 month old daughter so wanted to introduce feeding..

feeding pattern

my baby is 4 month 16 days old now. we have very specific pattern of feeding (ex..

runny nose

pls suggest some home remedy for running nose...

Breastfeed

my baby is 2 months old & I breastfed him only for a month after that unable to..

Skin care

which creame is best for 3months baby??

baby diaper

Please suggest over the best to use diaper at time for 2 month old baby boy. He..

feeding issues

my baby at times rejects keftbreast and is very fussy. he has nasal congetion an..

White rashes on head

Hi. ...my son is having white on head we can say kind of dandruff. ..He is 6 mon..