abacus class

Foziya Memon

helo i hv started abacus class for my son.. does it really improve mathematics skill..

• 2

Carol

Hi @foziya, As simran said Abacus helps in doing the arithmetic calculations faster. but only calculations. It doesn't teach mathematical skills. I hope you agree that math is not just about numbers and arithmetic calculations. Abacus doesn't deal with logical reasoning, spatial relationship, patterns, geometry, probability, statistics or even mathematical reasoning or mathematical thinking to think through the problem to solve the problem. Faster calculation is required to certain extent. But focusing more on the other aspects of math helps in understanding complex mathematical concepts at later stage. From my perspective, I don't see any added advantage in abacus. But as long as your child doesn't feel the extra pressure in attending Abacus class, there is no harm in learning it either.

simran sharma

Abacus is a really good thing for kids if they practice it daily. Without practicing daily, it does not give good results. Make sure your child practices daily and does HW daily rather than just before the abacus class, Also abacus learning is best if your son does it till the end, leaving the course in between not only results in wastage of your money but also your child's time. Ask your child if he really have interest in it. If he does have then abacus is good and it will surely improve calculations skills. :)

Regarding education of kids

Hi all, I have one problem pls advice me... I've been married in a very small to..

CBSE or ICSE

my son is 5+ . can any one suggest the right board of education. ICSE or CBSE

how to make child complete her classwork

my daughter is 5 year and is in class 1 . she never completes her classwork. how..

education

which his best syllabus cbseor icse?

lacking concentration

my six year old does not like to study at all. What shall I do to make her study..

Eye n hand Coordination

Hi..... my Daughter is 7 years old. I need suggestions to improve her eye n hand..

education & child angry

ny child is very angry about studies.