Age for limiting spoon feeding

Ap Arna

Hi... my child is 2. 9 yr. she can very well eat with herself and finishes tiffin at school but at home she refuse to eat on herself and ask for spoon feeding.... sometimes I don't agree n then she leaves the food as it is . I feel very guilty n start feeding her. she is a slow eater n it takes almost an hour to feed her which is really nt possible for working mother! Please guide me how should I train her with self feeding?

• 2

Ap Arna

Thanks megha ,will try some ideas, thank u

Megha Chawla

Hi, use to happen with me too, I know it requires a lot of patience, the reasons sometimes can be many. Like when they don't like the food, want attention or just want to play. I will just say have patience and this too shall pass, maybe having a meal together, wherein the whole family sits and eats together. Also making a proper area fixed for feeding like a mat or table chair and making sure the child eats daily. Besides, I tried not having any other activity when she is eating like no phone, no TV or ipad. Hope this helps

Food. to be carried during train journey..

Please suggest food items to be carried for. my 2 years baby for long journey.

weight

my lo is 13 months old. His weight is 8 kg. He doesnot eat properly,its very dif..

breast feeding

how to stop breast feeding to 25 months baby girl . She has became addicted to i..

lunch recipes

I'm trying different varieties of food but my son not interested,can anybody sug..

healthy food forb2-3 years baby

she don't eat food so I want some healthy food which is will be healthy for her

Veggies

my son is 2 and a half years old, he eats only plain chapati and plain rice. Ple..