Age for limiting spoon feeding

Ap Arna

Hi... my child is 2. 9 yr. she can very well eat with herself and finishes tiffin at school but at home she refuse to eat on herself and ask for spoon feeding.... sometimes I don't agree n then she leaves the food as it is . I feel very guilty n start feeding her. she is a slow eater n it takes almost an hour to feed her which is really nt possible for working mother! Please guide me how should I train her with self feeding?

• 2

Ap Arna

Thanks megha ,will try some ideas, thank u

Megha Chawla

Hi, use to happen with me too, I know it requires a lot of patience, the reasons sometimes can be many. Like when they don't like the food, want attention or just want to play. I will just say have patience and this too shall pass, maybe having a meal together, wherein the whole family sits and eats together. Also making a proper area fixed for feeding like a mat or table chair and making sure the child eats daily. Besides, I tried not having any other activity when she is eating like no phone, no TV or ipad. Hope this helps

My son 1 yrs + now but he really dnt eat..

My son 1 yrs + now but he really dnt eat and drink well even dnt take top feed a..

constipation

my two year son having constipation problem .what to do .

Doesn't chew the food...

My son is 3 years old and he doesn't chew the food.. All kind of stuffed chapati..

Not eating.

Hi my 1 and half years old baby not eating food. His doctor told that he is teet..

folding of baby

folding and nutrition for baby for better health and growth

Hi

Hi my son is 1 yr 3 months,he s nt havng food properly n am giving similac n als..

weight

my lo is 13 months old. His weight is 8 kg. He doesnot eat properly,its very dif..