Always silent at School

Madhavi

My daughter is 5 years old. She is in UKG now. She is quite active and talkative at home. She is not very sharp but learns quite well. At home she is able to recite rhymes, write alphabets, small words, and numbers etc. However, once she goes to school she doesn't open her mouth and doesn't write anything at all. This has been the case since her pre-school days. We thought she will change as she grows but there has been little change. Earlier she never used to interact with any other kids. Her teacher says that she interacts with other kids once in a while now.     She went to pre-school in US, studied LKG in 3 different schools (due to movements and my 2nd pregnancy) in India, and is in UKG in a different school.     What should we do? Why do you think she is like this? Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dasd Asdfasdf

hi

Madhavi

@Nitin, she has made some friends at school. She keeps talking about them at home. @Carol, thanks for your detailed response. We will try doing things you have suggested.

Madhavi - has she made any friends at the school? Does she like her school and teachers?

Eye n hand Coordination

Hi..... my Daughter is 7 years old. I need suggestions to improve her eye n hand..

my child is 3 told. I live in a small-to..

English language exposure

son is learning but using bad words. how..

how to reduce and protect him from learning baf words

concentration

I am worried about how to increase the concentration of child in studies

can any one review st. peter convent sch..

my son doesn' t get required marks in cecilia, aps and oxford. thinking of admit..

Lack of concentration

Hi... my son is very active and hardly sits at one place for long. His attention..

how to make my daughter concentrate on..

she is 3plus ...in nursery ....When ever I sit with her to do some written prac..