Always silent at School

Madhavi

My daughter is 5 years old. She is in UKG now. She is quite active and talkative at home. She is not very sharp but learns quite well. At home she is able to recite rhymes, write alphabets, small words, and numbers etc. However, once she goes to school she doesn't open her mouth and doesn't write anything at all. This has been the case since her pre-school days. We thought she will change as she grows but there has been little change. Earlier she never used to interact with any other kids. Her teacher says that she interacts with other kids once in a while now.     She went to pre-school in US, studied LKG in 3 different schools (due to movements and my 2nd pregnancy) in India, and is in UKG in a different school.     What should we do? Why do you think she is like this? Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dasd Asdfasdf

hi

Madhavi

@Nitin, she has made some friends at school. She keeps talking about them at home. @Carol, thanks for your detailed response. We will try doing things you have suggested.

Madhavi - has she made any friends at the school? Does she like her school and teachers?

school

which board is better for schooling CBSE or ICSE

how to make child complete her classwork

my daughter is 5 year and is in class 1 . she never completes her classwork. how..

CBSE or ICSE

my son is 5+ . can any one suggest the right board of education. ICSE or CBSE

lacking concentration

my six year old does not like to study at all. What shall I do to make her study..

son is learning but using bad words. how..

how to reduce and protect him from learning baf words

School in paschim vihar

the best three formal school near paschim vihar, plz suggest. Very confused.. is..

Eye n hand Coordination

Hi..... my Daughter is 7 years old. I need suggestions to improve her eye n hand..

education

which his best syllabus cbseor icse?