Hobbies

appropriate age of guitar lessons

Anurag

My daughter ( 5 ½) really wants to learn guitar but I don’t know what is the right age to send her for the lessons . Can any one help??

• 2

Got to meet a Guitar teacher from a reputed Music academy today and they happened to share that they don't encourage children younger than 10 years taking guitar lessons... that is because "playing the Guitar requires a lot of finger coordination and younger kids' fingers are not fully developed to reach the last string. "

Hi Anurag, why not let her try once. You could arrange a trial class or two for her where she could get an idea what its really going to be like. Who knows she may just find her calling :).. I believe one thing that keeps us parents from registering for new classes is that you end up paying and the child may lose interest after a while, and that does happen, it has happened with me when out of sheer excitement I ended up enrolling my kid in things he did not pursue for long. but we learn ! So look for a trial class, observe her through it and you will also figure out if she is a born guitarist or simply wanting to explore something new :)

Parentune Discussion

It is Parentune Weekly Discussion time With summer vacations on, we would like..

Parentune discussion

It is Parentune Weekly Discussion Time!   With vacations on us, we look a..

Parentune discussion

It is Parentune Discussion Time!!   Share with us what your fam..

Weekly Discussion

It is parentune Weekly Discussion timeFave family weekend activityWith children..

Choosing the right extra-curricular acti..

With summer vacations on, it is difficult to keep the young ones occupied all th..

painting competion

my lil angel Soumiya Gupta has participated in a painting compition on street li..

Coriander leaves health benefits

Hi Parents, i was jus reading something when i came across the benefits of coria..

Plastic Containers

While working n my kitchen , I just realised that my plastic containers are gett..