Argumentative children

Nivedita

My daughter Abha aged 9 is becoming argumentative by the day. Whatever I tell her she first argues and then listens. At times she yells and shouts while arguing, needless to say at such I raise my voice too. I am worried this will be difficult to handle during the teenage years. please guide.

• 6

Nivedita

Thank You for your practical Suggestions Shikha. Wl dftly Follow them

Dear Parent! Brain undergoes the most dramatic growth during first five years. A 9 year old child can understand his own feelings as well as those of others. They begin to comprehend situations, analyse n even question. Argumentation should be considered part of growing up and understanding things. Well I am sure no parent would like to listen to arguments n wud want their child to obey the instructions at once. . But it is advisable when u give instructions please be calm, n do not give warning if instruction is not going to be followed. If not obeyed give second warning along with time within which u want the child to Finish the task. Still do not raise ur voice. N third attempt give warning ' dear child as u did not finish the task desired till now u need to face the consequences , which cud be u will not talk to me or u will not go out, or u will not be allowed to watch television, or whatever u feel is appropriate'. Please do not raise ur voice in this whole process. I know it might be difficult to control tempers but we do not want the child to behave in similar manner. So please refrain from it. U cud leave the room to cool down. But do stick ur warning n punishment or else the child will not take u seriously n wud repeat the same behaviour. When the Child is in a gud mood u cud explain it to ur child how her behaviour hurts u n spoils the whole environment at home. On display of gud behaviour u cud reward ur child by cooking her favorite dish, going out for a movie etc. hope this helps!

Sorry for the earlier post it was incomplete!

Nivedita

Thank you!

The second url for the blog/video of the parentune expert. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/handling-aggression-in-children/198

Hi Nivedita! You may refer to this blog on backtalking: http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/is-your-teen-rude-and-back-talking-to-you/261 Also, you may see this interesting blog to tackle aggression in children. It also has a video of parentune Expert's suggestions.

counselling for like and love

My 10 year old son talked about his friend whom he said he loves (like big boys..

my 8 yrs daughter

my 8 yr daughter doesn't eat food more. after coming from school (7. 30-1:00) sh..

my son dont study

he is 8 yrs but from last 1 yr what happen he is not concentrating in his study..

my child is vry stun

main jo bhi kahungi abhi nahi bolta. to maine chod kar bhi dekha but no change s..

health issue

hi mu daughter hight is short . please give your suggestion for the same . she i..

abt my daughter 8 yrs old

what type of knowledge should be given to 8 yr daughter and 12 yr son ,like what..

Distraction

My son is getting into a habit of playing games on mobile every time and gettin..