Argumentative children

Nivedita

My daughter Abha aged 9 is becoming argumentative by the day. Whatever I tell her she first argues and then listens. At times she yells and shouts while arguing, needless to say at such I raise my voice too. I am worried this will be difficult to handle during the teenage years. please guide.

• 6

Nivedita

Thank You for your practical Suggestions Shikha. Wl dftly Follow them

Dear Parent! Brain undergoes the most dramatic growth during first five years. A 9 year old child can understand his own feelings as well as those of others. They begin to comprehend situations, analyse n even question. Argumentation should be considered part of growing up and understanding things. Well I am sure no parent would like to listen to arguments n wud want their child to obey the instructions at once. . But it is advisable when u give instructions please be calm, n do not give warning if instruction is not going to be followed. If not obeyed give second warning along with time within which u want the child to Finish the task. Still do not raise ur voice. N third attempt give warning ' dear child as u did not finish the task desired till now u need to face the consequences , which cud be u will not talk to me or u will not go out, or u will not be allowed to watch television, or whatever u feel is appropriate'. Please do not raise ur voice in this whole process. I know it might be difficult to control tempers but we do not want the child to behave in similar manner. So please refrain from it. U cud leave the room to cool down. But do stick ur warning n punishment or else the child will not take u seriously n wud repeat the same behaviour. When the Child is in a gud mood u cud explain it to ur child how her behaviour hurts u n spoils the whole environment at home. On display of gud behaviour u cud reward ur child by cooking her favorite dish, going out for a movie etc. hope this helps!

Sorry for the earlier post it was incomplete!

Nivedita

Thank you!

The second url for the blog/video of the parentune expert. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/handling-aggression-in-children/198

Hi Nivedita! You may refer to this blog on backtalking: http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/is-your-teen-rude-and-back-talking-to-you/261 Also, you may see this interesting blog to tackle aggression in children. It also has a video of parentune Expert's suggestions.

My Son keeps comparing with his younger..

How to get my son back on track

my daughter is 10yrs. she is aggressive..

give me some tips. how to overcome it.

asks questions about fuck, rape etc

my daughter is around 10yrs old now and has started asking questions about fuck,..

running nose

tips for running nose

Gift for 9yr old boy

Hi My son is turning 9 years. I want to gift him something useful. He is very..

careless

I have two kids one of 12 & other is of 8 years old. Both are very careless in k..

parenting

I have twin daughters they are 8yrs. They r very naughty. I make them learn basi..

hi

please help my son is 8 years and his been stealing money what do I do ?