ayurveda... hw good.. ?

Jasmine

Apr 03, 2014

hi there, my daughter is 3 yrs old.. n like every othr kid ,she does get cold n cough frequently. my frnds hd told me abt ayurvedic medicine to b given.. (sithophaladi powder to b given with honey)... n it worked. bt later wen i hd to visit the peadrician for vaccination, i happnd to ask frm wen cn i give her chawanprash , to boost her immunity, he ws against ayurveda medication. he also said tht sme children develop certain problem in the long run coz of ayurvedic medication. hence i seek guidance as to ayurveda is gud for kids or no.. also frm wen cn i give chawanprash to my daughter. plz help.

• 3

Dear Jasmine, children under the age of 5 years have a low immunity and may frequently fall ill. My daughter was a real fussy eater and used to be ill every 2 months but shes 5 now and barely gets sick. Now even if she catches a cold, it takes it course and she recovers within a week. I would suggest that you continue giving your daughter fresh, healthy home made food, ensure that she gets enough time outdoors and the required amount of sleep among other things. Her immunity is developing and very soon she will not fall ill so often. You may choose to continue with ayurveda if you feel it is beneficial but frequent bouts of cough and cold is normal for little children and they do get stronger with age. Hope this helps :)

jasmine

thnk u..

Hi Jasmine! This reading is not strictly in line with the query, but does list out some natural ways to keep cold & cough away for children. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/herbs-that-heal/177

weight reduce

hi my baby now 1. 5 year weight is 8 only she is very active but she not eat pr..

how to start brushing

how to start brushing to my kid of 2 yrs she eats toothpaste and drink up water

thumb finger in mouth

hi frnds, my son was keeping thumb in mouth frequently m

weight gain

my son is 2 yr old he get cold and cough frequently what shall i do for that and..

Cracks in lips

Can anyone suggest what do we need to apply for lip cracks to kids.

loose motion

can i give oranges to my baby during loose stool

teaching potty to baby

my baby is of 18months how to teach her potty. she says after doing potty.

which oil can use in winter season for b..

which oil can use in winter season