ayurveda... hw good.. ?

jasmine

Apr 03, 2014

hi there, my daughter is 3 yrs old.. n like every othr kid ,she does get cold n cough frequently. my frnds hd told me abt ayurvedic medicine to b given.. (sithophaladi powder to b given with honey)... n it worked. bt later wen i hd to visit the peadrician for vaccination, i happnd to ask frm wen cn i give her chawanprash , to boost her immunity, he ws against ayurveda medication. he also said tht sme children develop certain problem in the long run coz of ayurvedic medication. hence i seek guidance as to ayurveda is gud for kids or no.. also frm wen cn i give chawanprash to my daughter. plz help.

• 3

Dear Jasmine, children under the age of 5 years have a low immunity and may frequently fall ill. My daughter was a real fussy eater and used to be ill every 2 months but shes 5 now and barely gets sick. Now even if she catches a cold, it takes it course and she recovers within a week. I would suggest that you continue giving your daughter fresh, healthy home made food, ensure that she gets enough time outdoors and the required amount of sleep among other things. Her immunity is developing and very soon she will not fall ill so often. You may choose to continue with ayurveda if you feel it is beneficial but frequent bouts of cough and cold is normal for little children and they do get stronger with age. Hope this helps :)

jasmine

thnk u..

Hi Jasmine! This reading is not strictly in line with the query, but does list out some natural ways to keep cold & cough away for children. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/herbs-that-heal/177

Sleep

Hi.. my son is 1. 5 yrs old.. he never takes a sound sleep.. he sleeps only 1. 5..

ragi

can I give ragi for my baby in winter .? she is ,15 month old

cough cold and fever

my baby feeling very irritated... How to help my baby to recover from cold sympt..

suggestions plz

plz suggest me a good soap for my 16 months old baby

loose stool

which fruits give to your baby during loose motion??plz suggest

food problem

hi, my son 1yr old he passing poop every solid feed pls help me wat I do

Cracks in lips

Can anyone suggest what do we need to apply for lip cracks to kids.

Socks

My daughter is 1. 2years old, is it ok if I let her wear socks in night while s..