ayurveda... hw good.. ?

Jasmine

Apr 03, 2014

hi there, my daughter is 3 yrs old.. n like every othr kid ,she does get cold n cough frequently. my frnds hd told me abt ayurvedic medicine to b given.. (sithophaladi powder to b given with honey)... n it worked. bt later wen i hd to visit the peadrician for vaccination, i happnd to ask frm wen cn i give her chawanprash , to boost her immunity, he ws against ayurveda medication. he also said tht sme children develop certain problem in the long run coz of ayurvedic medication. hence i seek guidance as to ayurveda is gud for kids or no.. also frm wen cn i give chawanprash to my daughter. plz help.

• 3

Dear Jasmine, children under the age of 5 years have a low immunity and may frequently fall ill. My daughter was a real fussy eater and used to be ill every 2 months but shes 5 now and barely gets sick. Now even if she catches a cold, it takes it course and she recovers within a week. I would suggest that you continue giving your daughter fresh, healthy home made food, ensure that she gets enough time outdoors and the required amount of sleep among other things. Her immunity is developing and very soon she will not fall ill so often. You may choose to continue with ayurveda if you feel it is beneficial but frequent bouts of cough and cold is normal for little children and they do get stronger with age. Hope this helps :)

jasmine

thnk u..

Hi Jasmine! This reading is not strictly in line with the query, but does list out some natural ways to keep cold & cough away for children. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/herbs-that-heal/177

my baby is 1year &3mnth he is v active B..

pls give me some solution

16 month old boy still not talking yet

I have 16 month old boy who has not yet started saying a single meaningful word,..

Constipation

My 18 month old baby is being constipated from last 3 4 days.. Pls suggest somet..

how to stop breastfeed

hello . my baby is 1. 5 year old. he is still on breastfeed. how can I stop the..

how to remove tanning from 2 years old b..

we travelled to some other extremely cold city for a week. she was exposed to ho..

Baby Weight issue

hi my baby is not very healtly her weight is very less 9. 5kg she is 15months ol..

skin care

hi all my daughter will turn 2... her skin is very dry... what home remedy shoul..

hi my 14 months old baby love to eat cream cake , cream biscuits etc . Is it goo..