Baby clothes

Navrati Sharma

Why is that new born babies are made to wear old clothes.. What is d reason? Please advise

• 2

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

There seems to be no logical explanation behind this apart from the fact that in earlier times used clothes we tried nd tested for any sort of allergies plus washed cotton always seemed softer than new crisp ones .. My baby was born smaller than usual newborn size so had to buy brand new tiny baby stuff for her and she did just fine !

Ishani s

Hi Navrati, I don't think there is a scientific explanation to this. In my opinion this tradition was made because earlier people lived in joint families and there would always be clothes of elder kids (with babies outgrowing clothes very fast during early months, it would reduce expenses on clothes). Also may be buying new clothes was considered bad omen due to high infant mortality rates when deliveries happened at homes.

my baby is 5 mnth old

can I start with daal ka pani and chawal ka pani for my son

12 months baby girl diet

I am jyothi,iam 12 month baby girl. she is a preterm baby. birth weight is 1. 5..

Cold and cough

Will anybody plz tell me natural treatment for this cold and cough for my 5 mont..

bottle feeding

previously my baby used to drink from bottle but now he totally refuses even tho..

gurgling stomach

is it normal for 11 months old baby to have gurgling stomach.

baby diaper

Please suggest over the best to use diaper at time for 2 month old baby boy. He..

Breastfeeding issue

Hi my lo is 6weeks old ,got vaccinated and sleeping well but refusing to take fe..