Baby clothes

Navrati Sharma

Why is that new born babies are made to wear old clothes.. What is d reason? Please advise

• 2

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

There seems to be no logical explanation behind this apart from the fact that in earlier times used clothes we tried nd tested for any sort of allergies plus washed cotton always seemed softer than new crisp ones .. My baby was born smaller than usual newborn size so had to buy brand new tiny baby stuff for her and she did just fine !

Ishani s

Hi Navrati, I don't think there is a scientific explanation to this. In my opinion this tradition was made because earlier people lived in joint families and there would always be clothes of elder kids (with babies outgrowing clothes very fast during early months, it would reduce expenses on clothes). Also may be buying new clothes was considered bad omen due to high infant mortality rates when deliveries happened at homes.

pee training

Hi mommies, my baby is four months and now I want to start to train him for not..

prickly on my baby face and ol over d bo..

my baby is 22 days n she got red prickly ( boils) ol over her face and body .....

in which month baby is ready for walker?

my baby is 8 months 6days old. he love to stand on his foot when he is on my lap..

Cough in babies

Came through this regarding decoding cough in babies.

chew

My 1yr n 3 months old boy has 4 upper n 4 lower teeth... Is he able to chew ?if..

lips pale white

hi all my lo z three months old her lips are pale white it z due to milk allergy..

about milk

my baby 4 mnths .shal I give her formula milk?

Full night sleep

my baby is eight months old.. she does not sleep continuously for the whole nigh..