Baby clothes

Navrati Sharma

Why is that new born babies are made to wear old clothes.. What is d reason? Please advise

• 2

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

There seems to be no logical explanation behind this apart from the fact that in earlier times used clothes we tried nd tested for any sort of allergies plus washed cotton always seemed softer than new crisp ones .. My baby was born smaller than usual newborn size so had to buy brand new tiny baby stuff for her and she did just fine !

Ishani s

Hi Navrati, I don't think there is a scientific explanation to this. In my opinion this tradition was made because earlier people lived in joint families and there would always be clothes of elder kids (with babies outgrowing clothes very fast during early months, it would reduce expenses on clothes). Also may be buying new clothes was considered bad omen due to high infant mortality rates when deliveries happened at homes.

Top feed

Hi My baby is 4 and 1/2 month old. can i give pasturised ( amul or mother dairy)..

my babies poop is green n slimy. what to..

my baby is going to poo in green color for some days. later he wil defecate in..

remedies to put on weight of baby

my baby s 7months old she weights only 7kg and thin I want her to put on weight..

fair skin

how to gair my 8month daughter skin

feed time gap

my baby is 2. 5 mnths old. . i want to know about the time gap between feeds. s..

babycare

hello friends, my one year old baby has cold and cough. I dnt want to give any m..

bahar ka khana

kya main apne beby ko bahar ka khana de sakti Hun??