Baby completed 6 months. Need to begin outside food. What should I start with first? How much to feed home cooked food? How much to breast feed? What changes will take place in baby once I start food?

Siddhi Pandya

I have heard rice is usually the first food. But should I start with rice water? How many spoons to feed and how frequently? While doing this? When to breastfeed and when to give outside food? What changes happen in baby once he will start eating outer food?

• 2

dix

I am a mother of two. I started giving rice to my daughter when she completed 6 months. You can start too. Give her home made food, rice dal and whatever you cook at home minus spices. I used to blend the food in mixture grinder like paste and feed her. But don't use mixte grinder for long as your baby will not be able to swallow hard rice later. Once she learns to bite n swallow you can blend the with hand and feed her. Let me know if it helps.

Hi Siddhi, You may find these blogs helpful- http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/homemade-baby-food-recipes-6-to-12-months/565

Egg

Hi all can I give egg to my 8 months old baby

food for 7month old baby

please tell me in detail about which things I can give my baby to eat or what no..

baby food recipes

hello mommies, my son is 9 months old. please share some new recipes as he is js..

dry fruits

can I give powdered dry fruits to my baby she is 6months old

apple

my baby never eat apple due to its sour taste what to do?pls help me

baby's food type during summer

many babies dont eat sufficient food during these summer days ..so I try to give..

8 th month starting food and time

hi I have 7 month old girl .what all are foods I give to my baby.

fruit

can I give papaya to my 8 month old baby. I give it boiled mashed or grinder mas..