Baby doesnt take bottle or cup

Divya

My 11 month year old girl doesn't take bottle and refuses to drink from a cup. I give her water  from cup using spoon. Im still breastfeeding her but worried she's not getting enough water.  Also once i stop breastfeeding, she will be dehydrated if this continues.  Any suggestions on how to make her take a bottle or cup?

• 1

Hi Divya. I am in a similar situation. My 8 month old son will not take the bottle or drink from a cup. Soon after he turned 6 months old I bought a sippy cup and tried giving him milk and water in that. I was unsuccessful with that too. He recently started drinking water in the sippy cup after trying for over 2 months. You can try giving her milk/water in the sippy cup and skip the bottle altogether since she is 11months already. But if you would still want her to take the bottle, then you could try giving her the bottle with the tv switched on or any other distraction initially,just for her to start drinking and once she takes a few gulps you can turn it off. What could also help is if your husband or some one else in the family gives her the bottle while you stay in another room. It is important to consistently try over weeks and several times during the day. Hope your persistence pays off. Good luck :)

urine sample

my baby is 10 months old I need to collect her urine sample but she is not haven..

knowledge about solid food

baby ko 6th mnth ki starting m koun koun sa solid food dena chahiye or kitni kit..

Introduce semi solid food to 6 month old..

Hello.. my son is of 6 month.. aaj uska aanaprashan hua.. how to introduce semi..

Newborn weight

my baby is 7 weeks now I mean exactly 1 month 18 days her birth weight was 2. 9..

pain in nipples.

my baby is just 18 days old and am getting pain in nipples while feeding which i..

semi solid food

kindly advise which semi solid to b introduce first for baby of 4 n half month o..

eating

can I give my 5 month baby biscuit crums and milk both mix and I'm giving a litt..