Baby nipple

Jivita Soni

My baby is 40 days now and sometimes she is cranky at night even after feeding her properly she wants more feed ,so can I give her silicone nipple to suck. what are advantages and disadvantages of giving nipple please help. TIA

• 5

Jivita Soni

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Rachna Ahuja

Hey Jivita, My baby is also 6 weeks old now, though am not sure about the disadvantages of pacifier bt surely know that it can fill gas and once your baby will get used to it, it'll be hard to stop this habit. Give your baby as much feeds she demands bcoz you might feel she has taken enough but there are chances that she is still hungry. All the best

Hi Jivita. I would say the contrary to the other moms. I had given both my children pacifiers as a baby. It helps calm them down, prevents over feeding and greatly helps in self soothing. My babies did not have excessive gas from sucking on a pacifier. Pacifiers are commonly outside India without any proof of doing damage to a baby. However, it is important to wean them off the pacifier as early as you can. My kids left the pacifier on their own by the age of 6 months. If you follow a few precautions like not giving your baby a pacifier each time she cries or when hungry thereby reducing her dependency on it, then it wont be a problem to wean her off it. Use it on occasions when you feel she is fed well and wants to suckle for comfort, when taking her out (for eg to keep her calm when travelling), to help her self sooth and fall asleep without your help. Hope this helps :)

Pooja

Hi jivitha. Babies are new to the outside world compared to the world that that was safe inside momma's womb which was warm and calm. So they can be cranky and crying during night times due to various growth spurts. They also dono the difference in day and night. One of the growth spurt passes through 4 to 6 weeks. So their requirements may increase and they tend to nurse more often or continuously suck. Pls feed on demand as the baby wishes. It has secured feeling while sucking. In case it's scared of something. And don give pacifier or artificial things to suck. It will get confused with the mom's nipple and get used to the new nipple. And disadvantage is that more air gets swallowed once baby regularly sucks on pacifier or soother and become gassy. Happy parenting!

raksha iyer

Never ever go for pacifier or nipple it can damage baby ear and also it can make ur baby severly gassy... feed as much she wants..

Breast feed

Hi all my daughter 8. 5 months old... off late she has become adamant for breast..

roll on patches

are these roll ons patches good for babies.. I use it for my ten months old now..

caugh

my 2. 5 months baby caughs 5 to 6 times at a stretch for nearly 5 to 6 times in..

wipes

I used to clean my son from johnson baby wipes after changing diaper . is it saf..

eye discharge

my child s 3 months now ... she has some yellow discharge from her left eyes ....

wen to start top feed?

chawal ka mand de sakte h 2 month baby ko?

My 7month old baby has mild rash on both..

Rashes on face elbow n knees

Consumption of egg

Friends whenever I give egg(tried both boiled egg white alone & fried egg) to my..