Baby not eating at all

Priyanka

Hello.. my 18 months old is not eating at all. she is not opening her mouth for anything than milk which she takes from bottle. I'm very frustrated and worried about her health. is anyone of you faced such situation?? seeking for help..

• 5

Swathi Ravula

And yes, giving milk is fine and solids try every 2 hrs even if she eat 2 spoons at a time that should be good, if all this doesn't work out then you may need to check your Pediatrician and see if she needs any feeding therapy.

Swathi Ravula

Hi Priyanka, my son 16 months now, was same until a month ago, he was eating only cerelac and nothing else in the world.. now i started adding boiled and pureed fruits and veggies to his cerelac which he don't like so since a month I am buckling him in high chair, I literally force feed him for first few spoons, he cries resist, nauseat, do all tantrums but I didn't give up.. now as soon as I keep my hand on his forehead he opens mouth, and finishes his meal. he like to watch his favorite rhymes while eating. He eats finger foods like veggie chips, chicken finger, fries, biscuites, crackers etc so try giving her some finger foods one day or the other she will definetly eat don't worry.

Priyanka

I wanted to reduce her milk intake but since she is not eating anything I don't have option to give her milk. I have tried all techniques rhymes, videos, bird, moon, star and what all... but nothing is working She is feeling hungry but not opening mouth to eat anything thank you guys for your suggestions...

Deepthi

Hi, I advice you to put your child by showing birds, trees, garden, vehicles anything outside, or sit besides window while feeding or play rhymes /cartoons to add interest to eat because I faced same problem before and this worked for me.

Soumya bhargav

hi Priyanka, reduce the intake of milk and try giving food in semi solid form .. like kichidi and all.. for fruits you can give milk shakes as your toddler is having milk. initially it may take some time.. but try it

weight gain

give some weight gaining ideas for my child ..now she is 1. 8yrs

My son 1 yrs + now but he really dnt eat..

My son 1 yrs + now but he really dnt eat and drink well even dnt take top feed a..

food habit

my boy is 2. 2 years old and he doesn't take interest in any food .every meal I..

food suggestion

my 22 months old baby is having constipation. please suggest a narural way to cu..

eating woes

my 2. 4 year old kiddo is a fussy eater.. he would run around all but refuses to..

Best in sea food ?

my dauther is 2years 2months. planng to gove her sea food but not sure which is..

Diet concern

Hi ladies. Hope you all are doing great. My question is regarding baby's lunch..

Doesn't chew the food...

My son is 3 years old and he doesn't chew the food.. All kind of stuffed chapati..