Baby shouts a lot

Manoj Sardana

Hi Friends,   My baby is 4 month and 1 week old now. From last 2-3 days he is started shouting a lot. While that doesnt seems like crying, I wonder if that is just a part of playing.... We are little worried as so much of shouting might hurt his throat. Can their be any other reason for shouting ?   Thanks Manoj

• 8

Manoj Sardana

Thanks Dyuti.. i am more excited now to see all this :)

Dyuti

Hey Manoj, your baby has just discovered that he can shout and also get your attention. Like the other moms have suggested, enjoy it and talk back and have fun with your baby. Soon he will discover his hands and feet, then he will try to reach out and hold things, then he will enjoy throwing them just to hear the noise.. Be prepared for your baby to do new things as he discovers the world around him :)

Manoj Sardana

Thanks Shikha... we do play a lot with him. but sometime its like he keeps on shouting/screaming continuously even when we are talking to him and that worried us a lot as we feel his throat go bad.. it may be he is trying to respond. I can see his facial expression change from a scream to smile and back sometime.. I can see that in his eyes too. Seems like he is needing attention all the time :) ..anyway thanks a lot for your response.. we are surely enjoying every moment of it...

Believe it or not ur baby is talking to u. Screaming is his way of communication. u can handle it by talking to him, paying attention. May be he is excited about a new toy, or upset abt a soiled diaper,or may be he is feeling lonely and wAnts ur attention. So u have to take clues n understand wAt the child wanna say. It mite be that sometimes he is simply playing and wants to listen to his own voice. this might last for a couple of weeks and mite diminish and then taken over by some other behavior. So relax n enjoy this phase n comfort ur child when he screams by responding n paying attention.

Manoj Sardana

thanks everyone. this is so relaxing to know that its normal, however We are really get irritated sometime specially when he start shouting in the weird hours.. in the middle of afternoon or late in the evening when everyone is going to bed. Any idea how long it will go ? I understand kids change their habits every couple of weeks..

It is either abv case or cud b this .....After 3-4 months baby start recognizing things/ppl and they want someone always in front of their eyes... if u wud nt b there ....they keep on screeming/shouting/crying. It happens with everyone... give him some toys..... or whrever u go tk child along... in pram or make him lie down on there. Whn my son was young he used to cry whn n nt around n....

Dear parent! As Gaurima rightly said this is just part of growing up. Child is playing n u can also join in by responding at times n paying attention.

gaurima

Hey dear Manoj, just enjoy.... ur baby's experimentation with sounds has begun :)

Age calculation

Hi please help me how to calculate age for babies.. my girl was born on Oct 19 2..

waste blog

waste blog

wight

my baby 11+15 day old. uska wight 7. 4kg hai kya normal hai. ?birth wight 2. 8 k..

my daughter

my daughter is now 8 months old. when she is wake up then she is coughing. litt..

skin care

hello mommies, what can we use for moisturization of face for 4 month old baby g..

Season changing

Season is changing and my baby is sweating so much and for than cold n cough att..

walking practice

my baby is 11months old. he can stand alone by holding a support. but he is not..