Baby sucks thumb

Jyoti Jarial

Hello parents, my 02 months old son has started with habbit of taking fingers into his mouth and sucking them. He now takes his thumb and suck it. Just wanted to know how to remove this habbit or is this normal? I also ensure that he is not hungry but he sucks even post feed.

Nandhini Gnana

Hi, almost all babies suck there thumb. It is a way to pacify themselves. It makes them feel secure. It's too early to teach your baby what is correct and what is wrong. It could also be that your baby is sleepy or hungry. Try to analyse. My baby also used to suck him thumb, but only for a few seconds. If he is continuously sucking I used to remove it and try feeding him. Otherwise I used to just let him suck it. He is 10 months old now and he sucks his finger only when he is really tired and sleepy.

Jyoti Jarial

Thnx swati.. shruti n monika.. lets try what monika has done. Gals do share related experience and how u overcomed it.

Monika Thakur

Babies do suck thumb bcoz of boredom. try to play more with your child. My 3 months old also suck thumb. I try to pull it out the moment he suck it and try to get him distracted by toys or playing with him and most of the time it works.

mouldgy shruthi

Even my 2 month old son has the same habbit. He puts his entire hand in his mouth even after feed. I had tried to put mittens on his hands and he doesnt spare them also..

Jyoti, I remember it used to happen with my daughter to but my concern is that she hasn't given up thumb sucking yet. So i auggest, discourage them right from the start.

Jyoti Jarial

Thnx nikita. .I too thought of putting distasteful things once but not used it becoz he is very fast with his hand movements and was scared that he dont rub his hand in his eyes and nose. Regarding covering hands, I too tried it but he then put cloth covering into his mouth. If this is normal for every child to do then m not worried but wished he dont continue with this habbit once he grow up.

Hi Jyoti, I think you can try putting something distasteful on his fingers. or covering them with mittens. Actually if you were to ask an expert or a doctor, they say there is nothing wrong in it and it is a natural instinct of the child to pacify himself. So it is not really hunger related.

post pragnancy depration

feel dissconect with my one year old daughter plese sujjest what i can do for re..

baby nursing only when sleepy

my 4. 5 baby boy is nursing only when sleepy, that too only 4-5 times in 24 hrs..

about massage

mustrd oil garlick or ajwdin k sath jo oil bnate h usse massage sirf rat ko krni..

Is 1st teeth when arrive panning?my baby..

Is 1st teeth when arrive panning?my baby 4 month. Today i saw his teeth... he no..

baby care while travelling

Hi friends. My baby is 6+ months old. I'm travelling to my husband's native next..

Nutritious Diet Chart

Hi, my baby boy is 11. 5 months old but he is still could not stand without supp..

Alternative of milk.. as my baby does no..

Hello everyone.. my son is of 6 month.. he does not like to have top feed or fm...