Behaviour change

Hi Fellow parents,   My daughter just turned 11years a month back and she has started with her pms now. I am actually worried how to handle this situation; however i have already told her about it all but all the time i find her confused, depressed and silent. How can i divert her mind and make her realize that it is the part of her life. Please suggest how to cheer her up.

• 3

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Shweta, sometimes ignorance will be bliss. May be ur daughter got a vague idea about the menstrual cycle early and that might have caused anxiety and obsession . Try avoiding talks about that and take her out . Take her out everyday to places close to nature like park and make her talk and listen happily. That might help. Allow her to play and spend time with girls of her same age. Listen to her favourite songs along with her. This might help. All the best!

Hi dearShweta! Well who knows we too have behaved in a similar manner. This is actually a stage of confusion for an adolescent. Not only do they have to accept bodily changes including mood swings due to hormonal changes but there is a plethora of issues they have to come to terms with such as friendships ( with same n opposite sex), physical appearance, acceptance in social circle, etc. so it is advisable try to be friends with ur child and let her open her heart out. And while advising u cud share ur personal experiences what u urself had to go thru during this phase. U cud suggest ways how she cud tackle this phase of stress and storm. U cud read articles or books how to tackle PMS and share ur thoughts with her. Ur daughter is looking for a friend so please be one and help her sail smoothly thru this phase.

Hi Shweta! You may find this blog helpful. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/the-first-period-mothering-an-adolescent/379

Putting tongue outside

Recently my 8 months old son started putting tongue outside every now and then....

solid food

My daughter is 7 months old. I want to know at which time we have to give rice p..

my 8 yrs daughter

my 8 yr daughter doesn't eat food more. after coming from school (7. 30-1:00) sh..

my son dont study

he is 8 yrs but from last 1 yr what happen he is not concentrating in his study..

how much time do the experts take to an..

I had posted two queries n none of them is replied..

asks questions about fuck, rape etc

my daughter is around 10yrs old now and has started asking questions about fuck,..

agressiveness

my 10years daughter is aggressive and irritated from every thing . she often ref..