Behaviour change

Hi Fellow parents,   My daughter just turned 11years a month back and she has started with her pms now. I am actually worried how to handle this situation; however i have already told her about it all but all the time i find her confused, depressed and silent. How can i divert her mind and make her realize that it is the part of her life. Please suggest how to cheer her up.

• 3

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Shweta, sometimes ignorance will be bliss. May be ur daughter got a vague idea about the menstrual cycle early and that might have caused anxiety and obsession . Try avoiding talks about that and take her out . Take her out everyday to places close to nature like park and make her talk and listen happily. That might help. Allow her to play and spend time with girls of her same age. Listen to her favourite songs along with her. This might help. All the best!

Hi dearShweta! Well who knows we too have behaved in a similar manner. This is actually a stage of confusion for an adolescent. Not only do they have to accept bodily changes including mood swings due to hormonal changes but there is a plethora of issues they have to come to terms with such as friendships ( with same n opposite sex), physical appearance, acceptance in social circle, etc. so it is advisable try to be friends with ur child and let her open her heart out. And while advising u cud share ur personal experiences what u urself had to go thru during this phase. U cud suggest ways how she cud tackle this phase of stress and storm. U cud read articles or books how to tackle PMS and share ur thoughts with her. Ur daughter is looking for a friend so please be one and help her sail smoothly thru this phase.

Hi Shweta! You may find this blog helpful. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/the-first-period-mothering-an-adolescent/379

parenting

I have twin daughters they are 8yrs. They r very naughty. I make them learn basi..

my daughter is 10yrs. she is aggressive..

give me some tips. how to overcome it.

Gift for 9yr old boy

Hi My son is turning 9 years. I want to gift him something useful. He is very..

social interaction

my son is very reluctant in mingling with people. he is comfortable with kids of..

How to make kids emotionally strong

How to make kids emotionally strong

How to make child understand the importa..

My child do each work very slowly including studies. He starts his own games in..

how make him disciplined

my son is not respecting me at all. always he is talking negative to me. not int..