blood in stool

Anamikahd

Dear all parents, Please give your suggestion if you have ever experienced this in your child. My daughter now 3 year old has blood in stool during viral infection (Fever 102 , diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain). She had similar problem last december and then in april. 2015 and Now again in september. Her paediatrician adviced to have advise with some paediatric surgeon. But now she is ok with antibiotic course of 5 days.

• 2

anamikahd

Thanks a lot for your reply. It gives a bit relief.

Carol

Hi Anamikah, There can be many reasons for blood in stool such as constipation, a tear in tissues around rectum, some inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract (anywhere from esophagus to rectum). I think your daughter had gastroenteritis. heavy antibiotic can also cause gastroenteritis. if the bleeding is not heavy you need not worry. If she feels weak and there is heavy bleeding, then consult the surgeon immediately as per pediatrician's advice. Btw are you sure it's a viral infection. It has to be a bacterial infection as she was given antibiotics. Anyway avoid citrus fruits, spicy food and any outside food too. ensure she drinks clean water. if she goes for swimming lessons, then check if the water is clean. these are the main reasons why she gets recurring infection.

short height

my son is 5. 5 yrs old now but looks like 2. 5 yrs old bcoz of his short height,..

thumb sucking

My son is 4 years old. he has a habit of thumb sucking at the time of sleep with..

Tulsi juice for cold n cough

Try using Patanjali Tulsi juice for cold and cough. My daughter gets cold, cough..

Baby food

he is not taking food but he like to take sweet food

Steamer

Shall we use steamer for heavy cold and cough, any suggestions and recommendatio..

stomach pain

my daughter 5half year old ....offenly she say my stomach is paining.... we have..

my three year old girl with dandruff in..

so much scalp dandruff that it is even affecting face skin. so confused what to..

Health

my child doesn't eat her food at all