blood in stool

Anamikahd

Dear all parents, Please give your suggestion if you have ever experienced this in your child. My daughter now 3 year old has blood in stool during viral infection (Fever 102 , diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain). She had similar problem last december and then in april. 2015 and Now again in september. Her paediatrician adviced to have advise with some paediatric surgeon. But now she is ok with antibiotic course of 5 days.

• 2

anamikahd

Thanks a lot for your reply. It gives a bit relief.

Carol

Hi Anamikah, There can be many reasons for blood in stool such as constipation, a tear in tissues around rectum, some inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract (anywhere from esophagus to rectum). I think your daughter had gastroenteritis. heavy antibiotic can also cause gastroenteritis. if the bleeding is not heavy you need not worry. If she feels weak and there is heavy bleeding, then consult the surgeon immediately as per pediatrician's advice. Btw are you sure it's a viral infection. It has to be a bacterial infection as she was given antibiotics. Anyway avoid citrus fruits, spicy food and any outside food too. ensure she drinks clean water. if she goes for swimming lessons, then check if the water is clean. these are the main reasons why she gets recurring infection.

how to boosting immunity

how to boosting down yndrome child's immunity

Constipation

My daughter is in age of 4. 5 years having the problem of constipation....

skin dryness

my daughter is 6 1/2years old, she is having very very dry skin. that too in thi..

how to boosting immunity

my son has down syndrome .now he is 3years old .previous year i changed my house..

My 3. 5 year old son is shorter compared..

Hi, i am tired of listening to comments passed by people after getting to know..