blood in stool

Anamikahd

Dear all parents, Please give your suggestion if you have ever experienced this in your child. My daughter now 3 year old has blood in stool during viral infection (Fever 102 , diarrhoea, vomiting, abdominal pain). She had similar problem last december and then in april. 2015 and Now again in september. Her paediatrician adviced to have advise with some paediatric surgeon. But now she is ok with antibiotic course of 5 days.

• 2

anamikahd

Thanks a lot for your reply. It gives a bit relief.

Carol

Hi Anamikah, There can be many reasons for blood in stool such as constipation, a tear in tissues around rectum, some inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract (anywhere from esophagus to rectum). I think your daughter had gastroenteritis. heavy antibiotic can also cause gastroenteritis. if the bleeding is not heavy you need not worry. If she feels weak and there is heavy bleeding, then consult the surgeon immediately as per pediatrician's advice. Btw are you sure it's a viral infection. It has to be a bacterial infection as she was given antibiotics. Anyway avoid citrus fruits, spicy food and any outside food too. ensure she drinks clean water. if she goes for swimming lessons, then check if the water is clean. these are the main reasons why she gets recurring infection.

Noisy nose

My son always having noise from nose while breathing other things are absolutely..

Need Practical step

My son is not doing poty on daily basis.. Instead we not tell him he can't do....

health and wellness

my daughter everyday cry after she wake up in the morning and cries loudly and..

caugh

hello parents my daughter has cold nd caugh plz suggest me some home remedies...

my son is 4yr and he is frequently havi..

my son is having cough and cold almost evermonth my son pedestrian put him on pu..