Bossy Mums Curb Kids Creativity

hi friends, read this piece in today's TOI. Researchers found that mums who correct and direct children often tend to limit their creativity and imagination. I agree. Do you?

Hello Radhika! Pls copy n paste the link in your browser !

Radhika Thombre

I have nt read that article. Can you please post it here? Thanks

Same here Payal.. the unnerving bit is when our children get accustomed to mum hovering over everything and suddenly we want them to behave like grown up kids and be more decisive.. the tough bit - trying to change years of conditioning..

Guilty as charged. When I read the report I realised I am a "controlling mum", though I still have not become a "helicopter mum", the type that keep hovering around their children. I have decided that I will allow my child to play free and take her own route rather than set time and ask her to hurry up or tell her how to do things best.

I agree too Neetu. Constant correcting and directing may become more of a habit than a necessity for some mums. So at some point, we all must let go :)

Indu

I agree with the you Neetu, after certain age kids learn themselves what is correct , but they definitely need our guidance..

periods problem

i put copper tea for 3 yrs... suddenly periods has 7 days.. before it has come 3..

head is flat

my baby is 6 months old and her head has become flat. How to make it proper? c..

good name for baby boy starts with lette..

please suggest some good names starts with letter P or T for my baby boy

Is 2 child must for family

Hi i have daughter of 4 year and now i am confused shud we thi k fof 2nd child o..

reduce angry to my husbabd

im 26 years old for me..... my husband got angry me for silly matter.. how to m..

mothers' intake

hi, i have 5months old son. i like to have coffee twice a day. does it cause any..

Hii guys

Very enjoying