Bossy Mums Curb Kids Creativity

hi friends, read this piece in today's TOI. Researchers found that mums who correct and direct children often tend to limit their creativity and imagination. I agree. Do you?

Hello Radhika! Pls copy n paste the link in your browser !

Radhika Thombre

I have nt read that article. Can you please post it here? Thanks

Same here Payal.. the unnerving bit is when our children get accustomed to mum hovering over everything and suddenly we want them to behave like grown up kids and be more decisive.. the tough bit - trying to change years of conditioning..

Guilty as charged. When I read the report I realised I am a "controlling mum", though I still have not become a "helicopter mum", the type that keep hovering around their children. I have decided that I will allow my child to play free and take her own route rather than set time and ask her to hurry up or tell her how to do things best.

I agree too Neetu. Constant correcting and directing may become more of a habit than a necessity for some mums. So at some point, we all must let go :)

Indu

I agree with the you Neetu, after certain age kids learn themselves what is correct , but they definitely need our guidance..

my postpartum belly

it was more than 90 days till my belly hasn't get in place.. still I have loose..

your perception about name

do you have any idea about the name CHADURVEDIGA?? and is it necessary to name b..

Remedy for sore nipples

Can anyone tell me remedies for sore nipples?

Nice info on teething

Sikha Mam. Thx for a nice blog on teething. Hope to hv many such blogs in future

positive parenting

see how powerful positive parenting is. try implementing in your parenting journ..

Is Pratyush a good name choice for a Bab..

Parents names are Sandeep & Payal. So, i want to go with PratyuSh. Is it okay? H..

delivered

hello everyone I delivered a girl baby last month . how to go to baby care in th..