breastfeed

Komal Agarwal

when is the right time to stop breast feed.. my son is now 11 months.. becoz he is teething already 4 tooths have erupted it become so difficult to feed coz he keeps biting.

• 6

Charanjot

My LO is 11 months old now... and I BF her 2-3 times during day and at night (she still wakes up every 2-3 hours)... she is also teething and bites me occasionally... what Anurima suggested works well... when she bites... and I take her off... and then resume feeding her...

komal agarwal

thanks anurima, shanaya, deepti and shikha... will surely try ur suggestions

It's is suggested 6 months exclusive breast feed. N after tht u can add 1-2 feeds in a day other than breast feed. But generally 1 year n 3 months to 1 yr n 6 months is a gud time to stop bf as by tht time child's immunity is well developed.

Deepti Singh

hi Komal, i BF my daughter till she was 1. 5 and trust me i can see her immunity levels and frequency of falling ill less then the children breastfed for 3 or 6 months, and plus u need not worry about eating as anyways he will be atlease being fed by you. So continue as long as you can. And to avoid biting as Anurima suggested stern NO is helpful

Shanaya

Dear Komal, I agree with Anurima here. Weaning gradually will be easy for you as well as the baby. Although I would like to add that I stopped breast feeding at about 8 months itself, it got too difficult.. continue till you can :)

Hi Komal. You may continue breastfeeding and gradually wean him after he turns one. When he bites, you may remove him and say no sternly and wait for a few minutes to allow him to resume nursing. My son too did this and saying no in a loud tone did help though it took sometime. When you decide to wean, try and cut one feed in 10-15 days or so and not too fast. My son never resumed breastfeeding at 10 and half months after he had a severe ear infection. That sudden stop in nursing made my hormones go for a toss, which I am still facing (he is 15 months old now). So, weaning off breastfeeding gradually, over 3-4 months is better and will be easier for both of you. Hope this helps.

diarrehea

my baby is 10 months old and having fever and sever diarrehea and also she is no..

Apple n pears gud for 6 months baby

Apple n pears can keep for 6 months baby... how I should prepare if need to keep

early teething

ny child has started teething at the age of 3 and a half months. Is it normal

can i give tuar daal with salt to 5 mont..

plz suggest can i give tuar daal with salt to5 month 7 days old baby

My 3 months old baby is not sleeping in..

My 3 months old baby is not sleeping in the cradle or in the bed. She was sleep..

teeth

my baby is 10 months old , but he doesn't have any teeth yet, please suggest whe..

Still pending

My query is still unanswered, is there is expert to answer that

losing hair

hi fellow mummies :) my three month old baby is losing his hairs. he has become..