Breastfeeding problem

Kirti Rawat

My daughter has just turned one month I'm facing the problem in breastfeeding she has injured my both the nipples and it's very painful during breastfeeding . Pls suggest how can I get rid of it..

• 11

Deepika raj

Hi Kriti, I faced the same problem with my both kids and i used Palmer's Nursing butter . You can use is very often and also you need not to clean it again and again. It is very relaxing and you will see the results in 2/3 days only.

niharika sinfg

And one more thing when you take baby off which am sure you must be doing as it must be painful feeding with cracked nipple... do it with placing tip of your finger in between baby's lips and gums so that their grip loosens up and ur nipple does not get hurt (y)

niharika sinfg

Latch baby properly and you won't face this... entire areola has to be latched... For that with your fingers hold whole areola part and than lift baby's head and latch, am sure in 2-3 trials you yourself will feel the difference and understand right way of latching and yes for now apply ur own breastmilk it will soothe you and heal.... al the best :)

Megha

Hi dear, I can understand the pain of cracked nipples. This will persist around 1. 5 to 2 months until both mother and baby get used of breastfeed. You can use nipcare cream. Apply it on nipples after every feed and wipe before you give your next feed to the baby.

Indubala

Hi Kirti. I had the same problem. I used Palmer's Nursing Butter. It's made of natural ingredients. So you can apply it frequently and also there is no need to wash it before feeding. It's easily available online. Since it's only been a month it takes time for both the baby and mother to get used to breast feeding. Please don't worry it gets better. Try using this cream,it helped me a lot!!

Khushbu T Kumar

Hi I have faced the same problem My doc precribed me ointment named Nipcare to apply on nipples Its safe for baby also.. just wipe out the ontment before feeding, it doesnt do any harm to baby It really worked for me . But if u don't want to use ointmemt then go for coconut oil it also works

neha chandna

You can apply your own breastmilk on your nipples.. the breastmilk moisturises n heals sore nipples.. i tried n got positive results with it. u cn try it too. gd luk

Aabha

Hi.. I agree with Gayatri.. check whether your baby is latching on properly, you can go through the Internet for info.. also try putting desi ghee on the nipples after every feed, it worked for me. .hope it helps you too!tc happy motherhood!

gayatri chadwa

Hi.. apart from the creams and ointment... while feeding make sure your baby is latching properly in case you want you can meet a lactation consultant and find the position that best suits you abd your baby

sriyamuna Lawrence

Hi.. U can apply chap cure or nip care ointment.. Apply it on the nipple.. leave it free for some time.. Avoid dress touching the nipples.. Wash it off before feeding.. Or apply ur breast milk and let it get moisturised with it.. Don't allow the baby to feed for a longer duration.. Feed her frequently for short duration.. This would sure help u..

sharonfernandes

Kirti you get nipple shields in the pharmacy, try using them everytime you breastfeed. Also you get an oitment for cracked nipples apply that when you are not feeding your baby and wash off before every feed. Trust this helps.

hii all my lil 9mnth prince is crying from yesterday night n early morning n he..

Teething

Hi all. my son has just entered into 8 months. nd from last 2 3 days he is getti..

right eyes little red

my one year daughter's right eyes bit red from morning but there is no irritatio..

no response

will anyone reply... kya app h ye... ek dum useless

kuff problem

my baby boy is 3. 5 month old. he has kuff from last 2 month from last week his..

baby poop ???

hey ... my baby s 3mths old... n he doesnt poop daily ... he passes poop two da..

diet plan for 9 month baby

plz tell me what should I give to my baby at age of 9 months

breast milk

how to increase breast milk. my son is 8 months old and i want to feed him till..