Change in weather

Ayushi Narula

Apr 02, 2014

Hi Parents, With the change in weather many children are falling sick, I am afraid my 5 years old will also catch infections from his friends I don't want him to get sick please suggest how can I keep him safe in this weather.

• 2

Dr Vaneet Parmar

Dear Ayushi, When the child catches a cold or a cough, before starting a treatment it is necessary to identify whether it is because of allergy or a viral infection. Both have a different line of treatment. When it is a nasal or a throat allergy, it will generally magnify in early morning hours or late evenings. A doctor will be able to look at the symptoms and diagnose it correctly. But these days, allergies are on the rise because of erratic weather conditions and pollination. While there is not much you can do about it, you can focus on the child’s diet to boost his immunity. Give him enough fruits and vegetables to eat, along with a couple of dry fruits (provided he doesn’t react to them). There is really no allopathic medicine to boost immunity but some supplements—zinc and Vitamin C—are available that perhaps can help in boosting immunity. Also, do ensure the child is not anaemic. Children who are majorly on a milk diet lack enough iron in their blood and are prone to anaemia and hence have low-immunity. A simple blood test can spot anaemia. You will need to take corrective actions such as including more iron-rich foods in his diet and consult with a doctor for iron supplements.

Hi Ayushi, Here is a link to a parenting blog you may find relevant http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/8-ways-to-boost-your-childs-immunity/382

Health

my child doesn't eat her food at all

Travel Vomiting

My daughter is 3. 5 years old now. She is Vomiting while traveling how to overc..

HAVING PROBLEM IN HELTH

HI MY SON IS NOT TAKING FOOD THAT MUCH HE REQUIRED . SO HE IS ONLY 19 KG ... PLE..

cold

how can improve her cold

Constipation

My daughter is in age of 4. 5 years having the problem of constipation....

Steamer

Shall we use steamer for heavy cold and cough, any suggestions and recommendatio..