Chewing Cloths

Mazda Bhatia

My daughter is 2. 7 years old, from last 1-2 months she chew any clothes which she found, whether its her towel, handkerchief, My dupatta, any kind of cloth she started chew, what was the reason behind this, can anyone suggest me how to overcome this problem, as it is very in hygienic for her and I am also not always around her to keep an eye on her activities.

• 2

Mazda Bhatia

Hi Shikha Batra! Thanks for your reply, yes she is started going to creche from last 5-6 months but she dont this kind of activity there, only when she is in home she start chewing cloths.

Hi Mazda Bhatia! Has there been a recent change in the life of Tanisha? Say has she joined play school or day care or u have joined back work. Kids when chew something they don't realize they r doing it. They might stop for few moments when reminded but might again continue to do so. If she goes to play school u might enquire the same from her teacher if she chews her clothes in school also. It is advisable not to scold the child for doing so,rather hug her or comfort her as stress could be one of the reasons for doing so. Try and help her adjust in school by sharing with teacher, how she could comfort her in school say by taking her in her lap or praising her. Also keep a watch when this behavior is repeated often and what reduces it. U could make her wear some chewable rings or necklaces which are safe and can wash theSe frequently to rule out fear of any infection. I am sure with yr love and attention she should overcome it. Hope this works !

my child is very weak... help!

my baby is very weak.. her diet is fine... nt v good... bt she dont gain weight...

Suffering from cold

My baby is in 1. 4 years, she is suffering from cold while giving her medicine..

My baby weight

She is an 1. 5 yr old n her weigh 8s only 10kg. Is it OK. Or she has always suff..

2. 3 yrs old having severe cough and col..

hi moms... my 2. 3 yrs old is having severe cough and cold. please suggest some..

motion smell

my 2 years baby going motion in whitish Color with bad smell... from yesterday a..

loose motion

how should we treated loose motion and what food item. sgoyold ne given during l..

hello mam... my son is of 2 yrs... he st..

wt should i do... i have done everythg to get rid out of wth ths habbit... pls s..

son having fever since 5 days

already consult doctor, but after medicine affect again fever comes.