Chile behaviour

Jyothi

Hi , My son started behaving strange suddenly. while playing with the kids he holds the neck of the other child with his two hands. he is not in anger mood. he is playfull mood but not sure why he is doing so. we tell him not to do that. it hurts the other child but he is not understanding. please suggest how to stop this.  

Jyothi

Hi Shika. thank you for your response. he cant explain what he wants and why he does. still cant tell many things. we dont play any movies or other shows in television to c and learn but not sure how and where he learnt. his teacher asks me if had watched any movie but no he dint. i tell him gently not to do it might hurt his friend. and if i ask him to say sorry he will say sorry but next time again he will do the same.

Carol

Hi jyoti, there may not be any specific reason for a 1 yr old child to hold the neck. So keep telling your child no in a stern voice and move the child away from the other child. He will learn once he is old enough to understand right from wrong

Hi Jyothi Urla! kids do keep coming up with behaviors which they might pick up from adults,television, siblings,agemates etc. Sometimes their action is just their own innovation with their own logic behind it. U could talk to the child and discuss why does he do that? May be he comes up with an explanation. Make sure it is a discussion and not a scolding or a blame game as in that case he might try and defend himself rather than giving an honest answer . You could help him draw on a topic _ playing with friends in a park to understand what goes on in his mind. At times children themselves do not realize that they have been doing something which might hurt others. In that case as well, u might tell the child that it could hurt the child, he might be bruised or could stop breathing too. In case child doesn't realize what he is doing,u could take a picture and show him later. And tell him in firm language not to repeat it. please avoid scolding the child in front of his friends or when he is outside. You could remind him before leaving home to be careful not to do so. Don't worry Jyothi, children learn and unlearn behavior very quickly with adult's help. In no time he would unlearn it too!

syrup bandy

as per doc advise I gave bandy syrup on Friday night 5ml and was advised to give..

misbehavior

hi all.. can anyone guide how to deal in a situation where child is lifting hand..

Health

My son vivan is now 14 months old. His weight is approx 9. 5. Is this right for..

Food recipe

Can someone share what kind of food can b given to 16 months old baby ? Any reci..

My child anger behaviour.

he is very short tampered. if no one listen to him or agree with his,he start th..

not obeying

I don't know what I have to do how to make my son to be obedient, not listening..

Worried about food

Mommies what do u guys feed for 16 months baby who suddenly refusing to eat any..

parenting

what values should i teach to my 2yrs 10 months old daughter. so that she will..