Chile behaviour

Jyothi

Hi , My son started behaving strange suddenly. while playing with the kids he holds the neck of the other child with his two hands. he is not in anger mood. he is playfull mood but not sure why he is doing so. we tell him not to do that. it hurts the other child but he is not understanding. please suggest how to stop this.  

Jyothi

Hi Shika. thank you for your response. he cant explain what he wants and why he does. still cant tell many things. we dont play any movies or other shows in television to c and learn but not sure how and where he learnt. his teacher asks me if had watched any movie but no he dint. i tell him gently not to do it might hurt his friend. and if i ask him to say sorry he will say sorry but next time again he will do the same.

Carol

Hi jyoti, there may not be any specific reason for a 1 yr old child to hold the neck. So keep telling your child no in a stern voice and move the child away from the other child. He will learn once he is old enough to understand right from wrong

Hi Jyothi Urla! kids do keep coming up with behaviors which they might pick up from adults,television, siblings,agemates etc. Sometimes their action is just their own innovation with their own logic behind it. U could talk to the child and discuss why does he do that? May be he comes up with an explanation. Make sure it is a discussion and not a scolding or a blame game as in that case he might try and defend himself rather than giving an honest answer . You could help him draw on a topic _ playing with friends in a park to understand what goes on in his mind. At times children themselves do not realize that they have been doing something which might hurt others. In that case as well, u might tell the child that it could hurt the child, he might be bruised or could stop breathing too. In case child doesn't realize what he is doing,u could take a picture and show him later. And tell him in firm language not to repeat it. please avoid scolding the child in front of his friends or when he is outside. You could remind him before leaving home to be careful not to do so. Don't worry Jyothi, children learn and unlearn behavior very quickly with adult's help. In no time he would unlearn it too!

winter care

now in udaipur temp 9-7,deg. how to protect my daughter?

Activities for Toodlers

Hi, My lo is 18 months old and very hyperactive. Please help me with some activi..

brushing teeth

Hi all my kid is not at all accepting to brush his teeth.. teeth are getting spo..

swollen lip

my 13 months old son just started with his steps n today had a fall with bleed..

my 14 months old baby does not eat.. he..

my baba is 14 months old and he doesnot like to eat.. i try to give variety of f..

worms

when to give albendazole to children. night or early morning

About dabar jnmghuti

Is dabar janamghuti is good for child

not obeying

I don't know what I have to do how to make my son to be obedient, not listening..