Coconut Water-Yes or No?

Charanjot

Mar 20, 2013

Is it okay to give coconut water to a nine month old? What other liquids can be given as summers are kicking in??

Neena

Coconut water is probably the most unadulterated natural drink.. If your child takes to it, nothing like it.

Christina Edison

i have been giving coconut / tender coconut water for my LO since she was 7 months.. not very frequently by twice a week or so.. it is a good source of electrolyte..

On a hot day, especially if you are out, tender coconut water is an excellent option to give your child. You may put some into your child's sippy cup instead of having him/ her use the shop straw. Plain water and home made juices are good, as Anurima has suggested. Sweet lime is usually a childhood favourite.

Hi Charanjot, in addition to coconut water you may also give your baby some home made fruit juices, smoothies (blended with a little yogurt), lassi etc but preferably without much added sugar. Once summer sets in, you could make some sorbets (pureed fresh fruit with some crushed ice) and give your baby once in a while (we do not want them to catch a cold) :)

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Charanjot, Yes you could give coconut water to your 7-monther. Just be sure it is from a tender coconut (green). Also, offer very small quantity the 1st time. Watch for any allergenic reactions. If the child takes it well, you could give him more frequently.

Sireesha Billakanti

Hi Charanjot, I guess coconut water is a good option, but it is not advisable if your kid has cough as it increases cough.

6month baby food

I'm giving light boiled apple mixed with milk puree to my 6month baby isit goo..

Food for 5 month baby

what can i feed my baby

not at all taking milk

Hi plz help my baby is 6 months she is not at all taking milk she wants only wat..

my son is 1year one month he couldn't drink milk only mama milk feeding

juice

Hi ..... my baby 5 month old can I give orange juice for homemade

Food for 5th month baby

Hii all my baby completed 4 months. I want to give him solid food. please sugge..

Poppy seeds for 6 months baby first home..

hi my son is going to complete 6 months. m preparing home made food for him. as..