Coconut Water-Yes or No?

Charanjot

Mar 20, 2013

Is it okay to give coconut water to a nine month old? What other liquids can be given as summers are kicking in??

Neena

Coconut water is probably the most unadulterated natural drink.. If your child takes to it, nothing like it.

Christina Edison

i have been giving coconut / tender coconut water for my LO since she was 7 months.. not very frequently by twice a week or so.. it is a good source of electrolyte..

On a hot day, especially if you are out, tender coconut water is an excellent option to give your child. You may put some into your child's sippy cup instead of having him/ her use the shop straw. Plain water and home made juices are good, as Anurima has suggested. Sweet lime is usually a childhood favourite.

Hi Charanjot, in addition to coconut water you may also give your baby some home made fruit juices, smoothies (blended with a little yogurt), lassi etc but preferably without much added sugar. Once summer sets in, you could make some sorbets (pureed fresh fruit with some crushed ice) and give your baby once in a while (we do not want them to catch a cold) :)

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Charanjot, Yes you could give coconut water to your 7-monther. Just be sure it is from a tender coconut (green). Also, offer very small quantity the 1st time. Watch for any allergenic reactions. If the child takes it well, you could give him more frequently.

Sireesha Billakanti

Hi Charanjot, I guess coconut water is a good option, but it is not advisable if your kid has cough as it increases cough.

Non veg meal

My daughter has completed one year. From when can I give her non veg the meal li..

my baby is 6 month old .. so any when s..

6 month baby eating schedule

baby foods for 10months girl baby?

what are the baby foods are given 10th month onwards...

Food

Hai... what are all the food can be given to 8 months old baby? In what form???

weight gain

my Lo is 7 months but her weight is just 6 kg.. Her birth weight was 2 kg.. Doct..

Formula or toned milk? Which is best?

Hello friends... my baby is 4. 5 months old. I cant breastfeed her as i am a dia..

food for my 7 the month baby

hi all my little girl is 7 the month old. am giving her only 2 times solid food..