cold

Pooja

Hi, My son is three years old and he gets cold early in the morning, he coughs and sneezes almost for half an hour and he is normal the rest of day. When checked with his ped he said that it is because of pollution and cold. we have tried all medicines but no use. Is this normal??

• 6

Swati Vohra

Hi Pooja.. Anurima is right... Sudden temperature changes cause morning sniffles and cold.. I had the same problem and stopped having anything COLD.. like Cold water, Soft Drinks, Juices, Cold Curd, etc.... Ensure your son wears socks when he gets out of the bed.. Apart from that Homeopathy wud help....

Swati Vohra

Neena

Hi Pooja, I have been allergic to dust and temperature changes since childhood. I took homeopathic treatment and it really helped. Hopw it will help your child as well. tc

Pooja

Thanks Anurima... I would consult an allergy specialist. I have also started homeopathy.

Secondly, he could be allergic to the dust in the room. Dust particles also settle onto the pillows, quilts, curtains etc. So please try and air dry his bed linen and also make sure the carpet and curtains are cleaned/dusted regularly. Have you tried consulting an allergy specialist? It maybe something he grows out of as his immunity strengthens, keeping in mind that he is just 3 years old. But on the other hand, if it is an allergy, he may have to deal with it until adulthood, as I have seen in my sister and a friend. You could also try homeopathy and start giving him Chawanprash to build his immunity and see how it goes. It is quite normal and I am afraid that pollution may have a big part in this. So please try to limit his exposure to dust as much as possible. Take care and hope he does grow out of it :)

Hi Pooja. I know exactly what you are talking about. We have this problem in our family. I can suggest two causes for his morning sneezing. 1. He could be sensitive to the sudden temperature change in the room, for example, if you open the window & allow cool air in or he walks out into a another room with a lower temperature. This sudden change may make him sneeze. To prevent this, you could try to keep him warm & avoid sudden exposure to temperature change. This is common in summer too, when you walk out from a air conditioned room into a warmer room or vice versa. Also, may happen after his bath. So please try and avoid him from being suddenly exposed to warmer or cooler air.

Baby Growth

Hi all My baby boy is one year nd two months old.... I dont know why i always fi..

about diet

what we can add special in baby diet

loose motion

my baby is1 year old she s suffering from loose motion due to coming of tooth wh..

weight and height

average weight and hight of 1yr 9month baby girl

Cough and cold

My son is suffering from cough and cold since a week. Any home remedy?

ENT specialist (paediatrician) in New De..

dear parents, can anyone suggest a good ENT specialist (paediatrician) in new De..

Asthalin syrup for babies

my son is 19 months old and he is suffering from cold and congestion. my doctor..