Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 1

Dr Deepak Solanki

Hi mamta, as per WHO and USFDA guidelines -GRIPE WATER should not be given to infants .there have been case reports of life threatening infections due to gripe water. People continue to use it because of superstitions and as an indigenous way of treating colic pain. Worldwide SIMETHICONE drops (act by breaking gas bubbles in gut) are the ones usually recommended and that too in prescribed doses according to age/weight of baby . Methods u could use to avoid/relieve colic pain - make baby burp after every feed,feed in propped up position ,rubbing baby 's tummy /back gently , making him play lying on his tummy , avoid feeds other than breastmilk. Hope this helps.

Sore throat and cough for 3 month baby

Hi.. My daughter is 3months old nw. She has sore throat and cough. Her voice..

how do we know baby has cough?

my 4. 5 months baby girl is coughing little ( khaasi). but I am not sure whether..

how can I know the reason of my baby's c..

It's been two days or rather nights that my baby awakes at night and finds it ve..

my son is 7 Nd half mnth Nd he doesn't sit without support I m very worried

not pooing

Hi my son is 9 month old he is not pooing for last 4 days . he cries often I thi..

Baby crying

When urine ll pass ... My baby crying a lot ... Baby age 43 days ... Wt is solut..

wakes often in Night

hi my boy is 9 months old what can give in night to eat he wakes 2 to 3 times i..