Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 1

Dr Deepak Solanki

Hi mamta, as per WHO and USFDA guidelines -GRIPE WATER should not be given to infants .there have been case reports of life threatening infections due to gripe water. People continue to use it because of superstitions and as an indigenous way of treating colic pain. Worldwide SIMETHICONE drops (act by breaking gas bubbles in gut) are the ones usually recommended and that too in prescribed doses according to age/weight of baby . Methods u could use to avoid/relieve colic pain - make baby burp after every feed,feed in propped up position ,rubbing baby 's tummy /back gently , making him play lying on his tummy , avoid feeds other than breastmilk. Hope this helps.

bottle feeding

hi m shivani... my baby has stop taking feed through bottle.. i tried too much..

baby neck

hi I'm Chandini my baby is 4months 11days old but still her neck is not stable

Introduce semi solid food to 6 month old..

Hello.. my son is of 6 month.. aaj uska aanaprashan hua.. how to introduce semi..

cradle cap

hai my baby is 2 1/2 months old. he has patches in his head. I think it is cradl..

semi solid food

kindly advise which semi solid to b introduce first for baby of 4 n half month o..

nose clear

3mnths k baby ka nose kaise saaf kiya jaye

feeding

Hi. my baby is 1 month old and I'm breastfeeding her. but as milk is not suffic..