Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 1

Dr Deepak Solanki

Hi mamta, as per WHO and USFDA guidelines -GRIPE WATER should not be given to infants .there have been case reports of life threatening infections due to gripe water. People continue to use it because of superstitions and as an indigenous way of treating colic pain. Worldwide SIMETHICONE drops (act by breaking gas bubbles in gut) are the ones usually recommended and that too in prescribed doses according to age/weight of baby . Methods u could use to avoid/relieve colic pain - make baby burp after every feed,feed in propped up position ,rubbing baby 's tummy /back gently , making him play lying on his tummy , avoid feeds other than breastmilk. Hope this helps.

Pulse polio

Just came to know that there is pulse polio tomorrow.. Plz let me know if it's r..

Pain while feeding

Hello mommies my daughter is 2. 5 month old ...at the time of feeding my left si..

weight

hi my baby is 4 n half year old n her weight is 5kg+500 gm is n worried n not is

Food

On which month we can introduce solid food to baby

Feeding

Hi is there anyone who has continued breast feed after*6 months???

constipation in baby

hi, what should we do for constipation in babies.. which food is good for consti..

semi solid food

kindly advise which semi solid to b introduce first for baby of 4 n half month o..