Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 1

Dr Deepak Solanki

Hi mamta, as per WHO and USFDA guidelines -GRIPE WATER should not be given to infants .there have been case reports of life threatening infections due to gripe water. People continue to use it because of superstitions and as an indigenous way of treating colic pain. Worldwide SIMETHICONE drops (act by breaking gas bubbles in gut) are the ones usually recommended and that too in prescribed doses according to age/weight of baby . Methods u could use to avoid/relieve colic pain - make baby burp after every feed,feed in propped up position ,rubbing baby 's tummy /back gently , making him play lying on his tummy , avoid feeds other than breastmilk. Hope this helps.

reduction in weight

i m mon of 10 month old baby.. i m gained 10 kg extra weight after pregnancy.. c..

mosquitoes bites

hi my baby girl is 3 months old and today i saw her thighs full of mosquitoes bi..

not pooing

Hi my son is 9 month old he is not pooing for last 4 days . he cries often I thi..

eye issue

hi all mommies, my baby girl is 5 months old and everyone else said that her lef..

bonnisan or gripe water

hi mommies share ur experience can i give bonnisan or gripe water to my 4 th mon..

colic or stomach pain

My baby was born in UK and now staying in bangalore. she was on aptamil antirefl..

child food

my son is 11 months old . he was taking dal khichdi earlier but nowadays he is n..