Colic in kids?

Mamta Mishra

What's the best solution for colic in kids and is gripe water not advisable if so why so many ppl r using it as its reviews r good?

• 2

Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

Mamta try to give your baby lot of tummy time .. This helps in relieving gas and making the digestive system work properly .. In a complete day at least 30-60 mins should be dedicated to tummy time .. If yiur baby doesn't like tummy time try it for shorter intervals and then increase the time depending upon the comfort level ..

Hi Mamta, there are medicines available that help deal with colic and are completely safe. Colic Aid is one of them. Gripe water was used earlier when the medicine was not there, but as far as I know, now doctors don't suggest it because it has some harmful ingredients in it. These are like sedatives which will help the baby relax and go off to sleep. But in such small babys, sedatives are not recommended and instead the new age safer medicines are suggested. As far as I see, parenting is a personal decision and so some people still prefer to go by the traditional methods such as gripe water, while some prefer to try out the newer things in the market. That is perhaps the reason why you still will meet many people who believe in gripe water and will give good reviews. The call should be yours about what is good for your baby. hope this helps.

pooping problem

my 3. 20 months baby has not ben pooping for last 1 week.....

baby behaviour

my baby is 3+mnth old. jb wo bed p leta hota h to wo hme response deta h means d..

baby neck

hi I'm Chandini my baby is 4months 11days old but still her neck is not stable

Solid food

Hai All My baby now in 6 months old. Can you suggest me how often have to give..

2. 5 mnths old baby

from wen baby can spread her hands towards us so dat we can pick her up

hii all my lil 9mnth prince is crying from yesterday night n early morning n he..

teether or soother for 4 month + baby ga..

my lo keeps crying a lot n put her fingers in mouth. she is 4 months+ can I give..

Mere bete ko hichki bahut jyada aati hai jiski vajah se vo so bhi nahi Pata hai..