Confused..

Pritha Roy

My family is not allowing me to buy baby stuffs before the baby arrives.. i m little confuse about it. How to tackel with such things. I wanted to hand pick each and every item for my baby.

• 3

Zanzanil Patel

Hi pritha, logically and practically speaking it's best to buy just limited essentials until after the birth of the child. Reason being that even doc suggest that the initial period after birth is very crucial as thing can turn ugly without any reason. And God forbid if any problem all the things bought for the new one will hurt even more and not to mention the waste of money. Please don't take my suggest as negative. It's just practical. Until upto after 2-3 months of birth the baby would not need much than diapers n few rags to keep warm. After that when the child is now healthy and used to the world enough even you be able to go shopping for as many thing as you want. So just enjoy the present moment and just deal with the requirements as they arise.

Dr Ritu Kumari Gupta

hi. u will get lots of time ay whole life to buy things for your baby once he arrives. old people have their own logic explanations . its not possible every time but some sensitive issues are need to deald with diplomacy.

Hi Pritha Roy! Well cant say about their side of the story but I am sure they must be having some logic to hold u back. U could still be prepared with essentials such as 6/8 soft clothes for the newborn preferably full sleeves, bathing soap,diapers, towels set , baby sheets, ,nappies,powder,baby oil,baby bag, sanitizer for the visitors etc. Hope I am not forgetting anything. Would let u know if I remember something more. Let yr excitement grow with each passing day and don't let these thoughts dampen yr spirit. Enjoy this phase, finish yr pending chores and feed yr mind with positive thoughts. Talk to u r baby as he/she is listening to u and would recognize yr voice once born. All the very best. Take care Pritha!

baby crawling

my son is 7 month old not crawling

head not control

hi mummies.. i want one help.. i have one little cute daughter.. born on 14 july..

Dryness because of winter

hi.. I have 10 months old baby. He has dry skin in his cheeks. I did many things..

1 month old baby

share your suggestions

is anyone using pedia-sure ??

my pediatrician has suggested to use pedia-sure for my 5 month baby girl... once..

Hi I'm feeding my 2 months baby by breas..

kindly inform me weather cow milk is ok ...or not .. as I'm not having enough mi..

skin problems

my son is 2 years old his skin is very dark what should I use to mass..

Baby is 2 months old suffering from Cold

Hi all my baby is 2 months old and frequently suffering from Cold. Doctor did ga..