Health and Wellness Child Psychology and Behaviour

Cough and cold

Vishal

Hello,   My daughter from 1 wk of her birth had problem of cough and cold. every 15 to 20 days she faces the problem and it get so worse sometimes that she has to get nebulise as it get asthametic. I tried out every aspect to get cure but failed to do so. Please help me 

• 7

gaurima

Dear Vishal... my son was also told to be on the road to asthma ... I really felt troubled... had to give him salbutamol + asthalin ... and then I decided to try other approaches and they worked wonderfully well. Besides that there are few things that may help:1) Avoid mixing sugar directly in the milk rather make sugar syrup (Chashni) and mix. Or use 'mishri', 2) aviod chips, refined flour products, packed juices and sweetened drinks,3) an effective concoction can be made by boiling tulsi leaves - 2, ginger juice - few drops and honey - 1 spn. boil these for 3 - 4 min in small quantity of water and give by mixing in the milk; 4) other additions from the kitchen that can be put in milk are green-cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, sauth(dried ginger),jai-phal (scrub it on a rough surface to get tiny amount and mix) 5) other very effective remedy is boil 1/4 teaspoon of zeera as well as ajwain in little water and give by mixing in milk 6) avoid giving cold things at least in the second half of the day, 7) Avoid rice, curd at the time of cough and cold. 8) make sure that her nose is clear at night give steam if needed and give her luke warm water to drink at night. 9) use natural products as much as possible 10) as soon as you notice some sign of sneezing or coughing you can try herbal churan like SITOPLADI or some mild anti-allergic medicine like L-montus Kid once in the evening for 2 to 3 days. last but the least be patient, stick to some approach consistently --- she will keep getting better. :)

Deepti Singh

There is kid range in schwabe india homeopathy and you can buy online too. they have one medicine to increase immunity. I am giving for cold and immunity, she also had frequent episodes of cold and cough and touch wood its better now with these meds. Doses are mentioned on pack. http://www.schwabeindia.com/Schwabe-India-Products/Speciality-Formulations/Kindi-Range.html Check out on this link. there are 2 pages.

Vishal

As per doctor she is in pre stage of asthma. Can u guide any medicine to improve immunity.

@ Vishal.... if she has cold n cough regulary... check with ur doc wheather it is allergy or not and and u shud go for immunity medicine... as felling ill frequently weaks immunity system.

Vishal

Her age is 2 years old

gaurima

Hey Vishal.. it would be great if you could mention the age of your daughter. As rightly suggested by AM these bouts of recurrent cold and cough can be allergic. I faced the similar issue with my son when he was around 6 months to 5 years as at that time we were staying at a place where massive construction activity was happening all around. I tried homeopathy it did work, Ayurveda also worked well and the change of location helped a lot. Now he is 8 years and doing just fine. hope that helps :)

@vishal : How old ur daughter now? 1. Do s'one in family hv cough n cold 2. Do u hv any renovation/construction work at home or near by It cud b some dust allergy. If she is is less than 5 months... give her neat n clean envoirment. My son has faced same probelm n his cough did go for long... later came to know both reasons. Do give her some homopathy medicine... as allopathy ruins child health in longer run.

Please help cough n cold

Hi frd my baby is 15 months old... Every month she is suffering cold n cough.....

indigestion

my son is 2. 6 yrs old .. not eating properly since last 3 days .. today morning..

teeth cavity

my baby is 2 yrs old and she is having cavity in her front teeth ..m not giving..

related to addiction. and weight

my 17 month old baby girl weight is 8. 3 ..she is addict of eating wall whitewas..

Constipation problem

My baby has constipation problem. She is crying too much while doing potty. What..

preparing baby for creche

my daughter is 21 month old. I want her to be adjusted in the creche so that I c..

my baby shower 1 yr 8 month. she so nt h..

my baby shower nt having her food properly

school dilemma

my son cries every day before going to school