Could not understand Behaviour

Prabhjot Kaur

Jul 21, 2015

. My son is 4years old.... At home he is very well in everything... But at school he is not sitting on his sit or Mam always complaing that he is not listing her... I'm not not understanding all this.... How I can solve all this

Carol

Hi Prabhjot Kaur, Some children are overly active and fidgety. So they find it very hard to sit in one place and they always want to move around. Sometimes these children might need some professional help. But your child seems to be fine and he is just an active kid who gets bored easily. So give him some more time to settle in the classroom routine. Keep continuing whatever activities you do with him which can further increase his focusing skills. Talk to the class teacher to understand when he gets bored. Is it during writing, or when she gives instructions. You make him do the similar activities at home starting with 5 min activity and gradually increasing the time duration. Find out from teacher in which activity he is showing interest and activity in which he is able to focus for longer time. Give lots of praise and encouragement for his efforts. Keep reminding him the classroom rules. Soon he will get there. All the best.

Prabhjot Kaur

Sorry for the previous incomplete msg. 6. He is able to focus on instructions given but only if he is ready to do that. 7. He needs complete attention, if not he gets angry. Although can be convinced after you offer something of his choice. 8. Yes, he can control himself when someone make him understand.

Prabhjot Kaur

Hi Carol, Thanks for your reply. 1. He do a lot of physical activity like running jumping climbing. 2. If he sits, he is quite while watching movies/cartoons. 3. He does not care about things /happenings around him. 4. When he is given instructions, is he able to remember them only if he is interested. 5. Does he pay attention to details? When he is involved in an activity like drawing or crafting or playing with his building blocks, is he able to focus till the work is completed or gets distracted or bored after a while? is he a quiet child or talkative? Is he impulsive - meaning can he control himself from saying something when not needed or he interrupts often while you are talking or gets angry or frustrated very easily? The above questions would help in knowing if your child has any issues in paying attention.

Hi Prabhjot Kaur You may attend the workshop on Behavior and child Psychology happening on 25th July 3 to 5PM in Select CITYWALK, Saket to understand more about your Child's behaviour and psychology. To register, click here- http://www.parentune.com/parents-day/2015

Carol

Prabhjot Kaur, Could you please elaborate more on his behavior at home? You said he behaves well at home. What is his routine like at home? Does he do any quiet activity or a lot of physical activity like running jumping climbing? Can he sit and focus on an activity? does he sit quietly while watching movies/cartoons or squirms a lot? When he sits quietly, does he pay attention to things around him or seems lost in another world? When he is given instructions, is he able to remember them or forgetting them? Does he pay attention to details? When he is involved in an activity like drawing or crafting or playing with his building blocks, is he able to focus till the work is completed or gets distracted or bored after a while? is he a quiet child or talkative? Is he impulsive - meaning can he control himself from saying something when not needed or he interrupts often while you are talking or gets angry or frustrated very easily? The above questions would help in knowing if your child has any issues in paying attention.

Angry behaviour... or Crying on every th..

My daughter is very angry girl.. and when ever i told her not to do this thing....

my daughter speaks in louder sound

how should i teach her to speak in good way

Toilet Trained

hi Dear My child is 3. 9 years old however he is not toilet trained. I bo..

my daughter not eat well

meri beti khana nhi khati or bahut weak hai weight or height dono kum h height n..

Mobile game addiction

my son is addicted to mobile and he only watch car videos over it... and he does..

lack of concentration

my child is 5 yrs old but easyly detracts. having concentration issue. hyper act..

What if your child is a victim of Moral..

Your child is coming back from school. Walking the way from the bus stop to home..

Toilet training for my daughter.

Hi all, my daughter is 4 year old. She is still not saying she wants go to rest..