cranky and angry child when things are not his way

Rashi Sharma

Apr 30, 2015

Hi All,      Need suggestions on this. My child is 13 months old (happy and  inquisitive). But when it comes to not giving him things he wants he shows tantrums and also sits down on the floor with a crying noise without tears as if he has hurt himself. What should i do to make him understand whats gd and bad for him?? and also   he loves throwing things on the floor or from the bed. I am fed up of this activity of his.. PLs help

Nita Sahni

Shruti-i have tried this as well at times especially when my child is tryong to get my attention.

shruti vinay iyer

Hi moms me new to this blog I face the same problem with my son but I just go mum and pretend as if I am not watching him

Divya

Rashi Sharma, i totally agreee with aanchal here that let the child cry it out. sometimes a bit of strictness works. he may cry louder, throw things, puke, cough etc.. let it be. because children need to understand that a no means a no and anything they do will not affect moms decision. but also, weigh out the situation. dont say a no to him for everything... try this harsh trick onyl once in a while or it will loose its effectiveness. where he is asking for something small that you can give him without harming him or putting his safety at risk, let him have it, but if it is a serious thing or a situation where you can't give in, then be firm.

Aanchal

Rashi Sharma, sometimes what we need to do as parents is show lots of patience and let the child cry it out. LEt him throw his tanturms aand don't pay attetion. it may continue for sometime, but sooner or later the child will get the point that my mom means business. ALso, do not let any other family member try and quieten him.

Hi Rashi Sharma You may also find this blog helpful- http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-say-no-to-a-child/390

Rashi Sharma - a video from the same workshop here: http://www.parentune.com/video/details/?v_id=16

Rashi Sharma , Here are some excerpts from one of the workshops we did addressing these issues with practical tips on a day-to-day basis. Hope this helps. http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/handling-aggression-in-children/336

Food recipe

Can someone share what kind of food can b given to 16 months old baby ? Any reci..

hitting and biting

my 2 year old baby just hits and bites if we do something which she doesn't like..

speach delay

my 25 months daughter has hardly 20 words in her dictionary. She doesn't express..

how to stop breastfeeding of 2 year baby

my 2 year baby girl while sleeping at night always ask for breastfeeding. Every..

Alone for the first time with my 3yr dau..

i am really tensed and worried as i am going to be alone with my daughter for fi..

nap time

hi my 2 year old had the best routine wake up at 9-9. 30, milk,bf,play time,lunc..

stop breastfeeding

my 16 months old baby girl always demands for breastfeeding while sleeping. I ha..

Throwing tantrums and not listening

My daughter is turning 3yrs this month. Nowadays she is throwing tantrums,not li..