Cranky behaviour

Pinal Parikh

Hi my daughter is 1year and 11 months at times she becomes very cranky and uncontrollable.. how to handle this type of behaviour.

• 1

Hi Pinal! Some children get upset easily and become inconsolable on small issues. at around 1 and a half years of age they start going through this transition where they start realizing 'I' as a separate entity and are learning demands can't be met right away. They take time but eventually understand that they might have to wait for it if given a resonable reason. Please try and make your child calm down by hugging her or kissing her so that she comes out of that fit. Understand what she wants, by telling her to politely share with you her demand. Then, if feasible fulfill it right away. If not, then give her options for ex she wants a chocolate. U could say baby,we can have once food is over. if she agrees,praise her for her patience. If she doesn't agree,u could give her healthier choices say an apple with chocolate sauce or peanut dipped in chocolate sauce. by finding the middle path, in which both of u r happy solution to a problem can be found. But in this whole process of having a consensus u need to keep a check on yr tempers, hold on to it as patience,perseverance and praise are the magic words when dealing with a kid which work wonders. Also give a pat on your back,if you succeed in making her agree. Hope this works!

Sukrit Wadhawan

Hi All, My daughter yells a lot. Please let me know what can be the reason and..

hitting and biting

my 2 year old baby just hits and bites if we do something which she doesn't like..

2 yr baby scare of male people

my 2 yrs baby scare of maximum number of male person. whenever she see any male..

one to one chat with parent

is there any field in patent lane where we can chat with a fellow parent one to..

baby s tooth

my son two year old his front tooth enamel has gone completely what are the reme..

how to stop breastfeeding of 2 year baby

my 2 year baby girl while sleeping at night always ask for breastfeeding. Every..

Throwing tantrums and not listening

My daughter is turning 3yrs this month. Nowadays she is throwing tantrums,not li..

Mobile addiction of children's

Hi everyone, I am 3 yr 7 month baby girl and 2 yr 4 month baby boy father, my jo..