Day Care

Namrata

Jul 30, 2015

Hi, I am working mom of 3 year old. She stays in day care from 9am to 6pm. Although she is a disciplined child .She is spending her most of the time staying in school+day care ,i worry as she grows up ,may feel isolated from us. Although i give her quality time. We go for walks,park and we do activities too at home.   What points should i keep in mind,how should i spend quality time with her?What are the do's/dont's if the child is staying out for so long.

• 4

Preeti Awasthi

Hi, I am a working mother too, but I am able to work from home some days of the week. You shouldn't worry, since my daughter is going to playschool now, she leaves at 8. 30 and comes back at 12. 30. She is tired when she gets back and has her lunch and sleeps. She wakes up by 4. 30 -5. 00 and I spend time with her post that. So you are not missing out on a lot of time, if you are there with her since 6. 00.

Preeti Awasthi

Hi, I am a working mother too, but I am able to work from home some days of the week. You shouldn't worry, since my daughter is going to playschool now, she leaves at 8. 30 and comes back at 12. 30. She is tired when she gets back and has her lunch and sleeps. She wakes up by 4. 30 -5. 00 and I spend time with her post that.

Megha Chawla

Hi Namrata, I totally understand what you are going through because I am sailing in the same boat, my daughter leaves for her pre school at 9 and I pick her up at 6 on my way back from work. I feel guilty sometimes putting her in a routine that we follow but then i try and make up in all possible ways that I can. Sharing some things I do, hope this helps- I try to talk to her a lot, hour before going to school we talk, we sing and do some fun stuff together, I shower and dress her how she wants. While coming back I talk to her about how her day was and tell her how my day was, then take her to park or cycling or to her cousins house, whatever mood she is then from there till I put her in bed i try to spend all the time with her, this includes sessions of playdoh together, some craft activities, reading a story to her and introducing a concept in a fun way. I also make sure we eat together. Double this up on weekends along with some shopping together. This way i involve her in everything I do, she loves grocery shopping with me too :)

namrata - hi! I understand your worry. Children at this age bond around both, structured as well as unstructured time. Unstructured time together is equally important as something like a planned activity, so to begin with you could mix the two well. for e. g. walking and playing in the park could be unstructured on a few days, whereas, you could even use the park time to introduce her to new concepts like plants, environment and so on. A good mix would be great and shall help you and your child bond well.

Hesitancy in communication

my baby is 2 year 9 months. he has been going to play school from past 5 months..

slap issue

hi.. my girl is 21 months old and she recently got a habit of slaping too hard t..

contineousy says the word till he get it..

why my son contineousy says the word till he gets that. if he wants biscuits, he..

ADHD problem

hi, my child having ADHD problem not talking what to do

babies behaviour

hi my baby drinks milk only from bottle not from glass and he is 18months old pl..

don't mix up with other kids in school

my son is 3 year old and in pre nursery .it's more than 3month in school. but to..

behavior

she is becoming stubborn and adamant, keeps on crying especially during nights.

how i can overcome my daughter 's fear

my daughter is one and half year old. she can be able to walk but she has some..