Dental care

sayli

Hii Dear parents,                          I have a kid of 21 months old,Advait. As he is grown very well,he has almost all the teeth now.                     My problem is he continuously refuse to brush his teeth. I m trying to brush his teeth since 3-4 weeks but he can do anything to refuse to brush, he got very panic. I have tried with fingure brush,then brush with handel,with floried free toothpaste... but he just resist very badly not to do it.. :(   I am very worried as he eats all the things and didnt brush. I tried to brush my teeth in front of him / showed him the videos of brushing / tried when he was engaged in some other activity... but my all tricks are failed.   Please suggest me with some innovatiove ideas...

sayli

Dr Monica, I just want to ask you that as my kid is only 21 months old , so using GC tooth mousse to his is okay at this age.. ?

sayli

Thanks a lot Swetha , Ankita and Dr Monica for your valuable suggestions.

sayli

DrMonica Lall

Hi sayli, first of all don't force him to brush. Secondly, use flavoured toothpaste instead of normal toothpaste for eg. Cheerios gel. This will help to create an interest and these are good quality toothpastes which also help to fight cavities. Additionally, you can use GC tooth mousse at night. It has a pleasant taste and kids love it. Apart from all this, give him a slice of Apple every time he has sweets or junk food that will clean the teeth naturally. Regards, Dr. Monica Lall (BDS, MDS Orthodontics). Ph-9582596738

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Sayli, don't stress him out. Children resist activities where they feel pressured. Let him play around with water and toothpaste. Even if he doesn't do it thoroughly, it is okay for a few days. Essentially let him get over hi resistance first and then you can focus on hygiene. Have your husband or some other family member manage him while he is brushing. Ask him to brush on his own first, and then you can follow it up later. As a last resort, take him to a friendly dentist who can in a nice manner tell him the disadvantages of not brushing. But brief the dentist of the issue before you take the child to him. Idea is to explain it to him and not scare the child.

Swetha shashidhar

Hi, I totally understand your problem, my little one used to do the same. She loves to play in water so I would allow her to play in the water while I brush her teeth. Try that... use the kids tooth paste which tastes good for them. I also told her that there are lot of insects in her mouth and I will only remove them and do nothig else.. hope these tips helps

for my son

he is having constipation how we can overcome it help me

Hi give me the reason of gastro bcz my1 and half year old baby often suffering f..

My son is 1. 3yrs suffering from noisy c..

My son is suffering from noisy cough and is restless from last 2_3days... as he..

diet chart for 3 year old child who is..

want to diet chart for my 3year old child he is underwait and fussy for any food..

Teething

Hie mommies!!! My lo is 17 months old, he is teething Can u and ppl suggest som..

My baby is ignoring food since a weak..

I have stopped breastfeeding her since few days.. she used to eat khichidi n cer..

severe cough

my son is 14months old since from few days he is suffering with severe cold and..