Difficulty in pronouncing certain sounds

Manisha Mehta L

My daughter is 5 yrs nd she has difficulty wid certain alphabets lyk k gh ; r ; d; .....plsssss suggest sm remedy or method to rectify her speech

• 5

manisha mehta l

Thnx a lot neelam nd carol fr ur valued suggestions ...wud try to follow d same ...

Neelam Dug gal

Hi manisha .. My three n half old daughter had d same problem .. Mispronunciation of k , kh , r n few more alphabets .. I took her to speech therapy at Ganga ram , delhi ! It was a great help !! Dey prepared a list n dose experts made her speak properly .. Now all I have to do is whenever is she z speaking wrong , I have to make a gesture with my hand n She corrects n repeat ! Indeed it's a step ahead

Carol

Hi Manisha, show your child how to roll the tongue and make a sound. Some sounds are made from throat (k, g, ch,q) and some from lips (p, m, w, v and so on) and some from the tip of the tongue (s, t, d, r, n and so on). While making the letter sound, one can identify whether it's a voiced sound or whispered sound by touching the throat (through vibrations). I. e those Sounds that cause vibration or buzz in the throat are voiced. Make your child feel it when you make the sound. Show the difference. In your child's case she has problem with voiced sounds. Read a lot of books. Make her read or say more words that have these consonants sounds. For e. g you can make her repeat these words - vrooooom, cuckoo or make a sound like a vehicle drrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Keep practicing. Most kids outgrow this problem by 6. If you don't find any improvement, check with her paediatrician to find if she needs any additional professional help. Hope this helps..

manisha mehta l

Thnx fr ur suggestion... bt lkng fr my answers here related to another problem

Purvi Jha

:) Please rectify your spellings before teaching your child ... Maybe she needs to learn the right spellings :)

Cbse schools in pune

Can anyone please suggest me good cbse schools in North pune region.. Especially..

how to make my daughter concentrate on..

she is 3plus ...in nursery ....When ever I sit with her to do some written prac..

my kid is not intrested in studying

hi all.. my daughter is not intrested in studies... although she has a sharp min..

how to make child complete her classwork

my daughter is 5 year and is in class 1 . she never completes her classwork. how..

concentration

hello my child is 3 years old he get cough and cold easily last full month he w..

education

My son is in UKG.. he can write all the words n letter but he is not recognizing..