Difficulty in pronouncing certain sounds

Manisha Mehta L

My daughter is 5 yrs nd she has difficulty wid certain alphabets lyk k gh ; r ; d; .....plsssss suggest sm remedy or method to rectify her speech

• 5

manisha mehta l

Thnx a lot neelam nd carol fr ur valued suggestions ...wud try to follow d same ...

Neelam Dug gal

Hi manisha .. My three n half old daughter had d same problem .. Mispronunciation of k , kh , r n few more alphabets .. I took her to speech therapy at Ganga ram , delhi ! It was a great help !! Dey prepared a list n dose experts made her speak properly .. Now all I have to do is whenever is she z speaking wrong , I have to make a gesture with my hand n She corrects n repeat ! Indeed it's a step ahead

Carol

Hi Manisha, show your child how to roll the tongue and make a sound. Some sounds are made from throat (k, g, ch,q) and some from lips (p, m, w, v and so on) and some from the tip of the tongue (s, t, d, r, n and so on). While making the letter sound, one can identify whether it's a voiced sound or whispered sound by touching the throat (through vibrations). I. e those Sounds that cause vibration or buzz in the throat are voiced. Make your child feel it when you make the sound. Show the difference. In your child's case she has problem with voiced sounds. Read a lot of books. Make her read or say more words that have these consonants sounds. For e. g you can make her repeat these words - vrooooom, cuckoo or make a sound like a vehicle drrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Keep practicing. Most kids outgrow this problem by 6. If you don't find any improvement, check with her paediatrician to find if she needs any additional professional help. Hope this helps..

manisha mehta l

Thnx fr ur suggestion... bt lkng fr my answers here related to another problem

Purvi Jha

:) Please rectify your spellings before teaching your child ... Maybe she needs to learn the right spellings :)

My child is very frickle

He is less interested in study

Eye n hand Coordination

Hi..... my Daughter is 7 years old. I need suggestions to improve her eye n hand..

Hi i am sujana. My daughter is in class..

education second language

education & child angry

ny child is very angry about studies.

how to prepare my baby for learning n wr..

my son is 3 year n 1 month old... he is going to play school..... n he enjoys it..

learning and writing

my daughter is 4year 1month and has interest in studies too but lack in written..

son memory

hi my son's memory is not good . he don't focus on written work.

Unable to attend school activity

My child 4yrs 7 mnth is not able to cope up with school activity. He is not able..