Discipline

Shilpa

Mar 01, 2014

Hi all, my son is 8 year old. He is becoming much undisciplined these days. He will not keep his things in place, he will not eat on time, won’t do homework without insisting. Please help with advice.  

• 2

Hi Shipra! Well very understand what u cud be going thru. It is indeed frustrating when children do not listen to parents. I wud suggest please for few days take a back seat . Just observe them and remain blank. I am sure kids wud notice a change in ur behaviour and wud be concerned. They might ask u reason for this change. Do not ask them to change clothes or eat food. U cud share with them when the teacher wud call u in school for their misbehavior, not doing homework and mischiefs u wud ask them to do whatever they feel is RIGHT even if it means failing them or striking off their name from school. no school will give admission to them and they might be landing themselves in MCD schools where they have to study in poor circumstances. When u share this ur voice should be calm and composed as if u r not bothered. When u put responsibility for their behaviour on their shoulders I am sure they will feel it and behave accordingly. I understand it is difficult to remain blank and not share ur thoughts when ur children are misbehaving but it for their larger interest and make them take responsibility. Also by doing so u are transferring the tension which ideally they should take on their head. When they will get scolding at school for 2-3 days they will realise u were right in guiding them behave and study. Don't worry u r not being rude or harsh on them but sharing the facts. Hope this works!

Hi Shipra! Here is a link to parenting blog that you may find relevant: http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/parenting/799

change in study interest

my child (Eesha) was earlier very much actively involved in study.. she is a fas..

tattle tale each other

Both my kids have been telling on each other all the time. like he did it or she..

his bedroom cleaning up and dishes.

my son taking his times to do these chores. he's done with dishes for like 3 to..

rudeness and stubeness in children

my daughter is very possessive about her personal things and she is rude wit..

how to boost the confidence level of my..

child psychology and behaviour

responsible behaviour

my son who is turning 10 has started getting careless and irresponsible, he loss..