Dislike for milk and milk products-help

Surabhi Chatterjee

Apr 14, 2014

Hello parents, My daughter is 5 and half years old. She doesn't like milk or milk products. Please give me an idea to make her drink milk. I am worried about her bone development.

• 5

Shradha Garg

You can also make ur dough for chapattis with milk.

Surabhi Chatterjee

Thank you Anurima! You've managed to allay most of my fears :)

Surabhi Chatterjee

Thank you Admin.

Dear Surabhi. I have a 2 year old with the same issue. I do not force my son to drink milk anymore. I get him cheese, add a big spoonful of butter to his food (each meal), make porridge with milk, dry/fresh fruits for breakfast, give him flavoured yogurt/milk when outdoors etc. It is not everyday he has all of the above, but I somehow ensure he gets some of the calcium required through milk products. I had posted my concern at the nutrition+wellness section a few months back. The nutritionist said that an egg has plenty of calcium and important nutrients for growth and development. So if a child does not like to drink milk or milk products, giving an egg a day is the next best thing. So give your child one or two eggs a day to make up for the loss :)

Hi Surabhi! here is a link to a similar parent talk that you may find relevant: http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/not-drinking-milk/884

lack of concentration

my child is 5 yrs old but easyly detracts. having concentration issue. hyper act..

how to tackle stubborn child

Hi.. my daughter is of 4n half yr she is very stubborn how to deal with these ty..

stomach pain

Hi all, My daughter is 5 yrs old... she is often getting stomach pain. v consult..

clear talking

hi am kalpana.. my son 3. 2 yrs now.. he started mumbling first only after he wa..

height n dark circle issue

hii my daughter is 5. 4yrs old n her height is quit short so wht should i do to...

very aggressive

she is not listening at all

hello

talk to him and make a deal with him... handling is not tough.. have a firm ta..