Dislike for milk and milk products-help

Surabhi Chatterjee

Apr 14, 2014

Hello parents, My daughter is 5 and half years old. She doesn't like milk or milk products. Please give me an idea to make her drink milk. I am worried about her bone development.

• 5

Shradha Garg

You can also make ur dough for chapattis with milk.

Surabhi Chatterjee

Thank you Anurima! You've managed to allay most of my fears :)

Surabhi Chatterjee

Thank you Admin.

Dear Surabhi. I have a 2 year old with the same issue. I do not force my son to drink milk anymore. I get him cheese, add a big spoonful of butter to his food (each meal), make porridge with milk, dry/fresh fruits for breakfast, give him flavoured yogurt/milk when outdoors etc. It is not everyday he has all of the above, but I somehow ensure he gets some of the calcium required through milk products. I had posted my concern at the nutrition+wellness section a few months back. The nutritionist said that an egg has plenty of calcium and important nutrients for growth and development. So if a child does not like to drink milk or milk products, giving an egg a day is the next best thing. So give your child one or two eggs a day to make up for the loss :)

Hi Surabhi! here is a link to a similar parent talk that you may find relevant: http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/not-drinking-milk/884

constipation

even after giving syrup for constipation child is not passing motion daily. not..

confidence

my son is 3 years 10 months old. he is very intelligent but in front of others h..

imitating nature, never take her decisio..

she always imitate other kids,not take her own decision

he is very fussy

he doesn't obey me

how to stop yelling at kids....

hi... I lost my temper very fast.... so whenever when my kids don't study.. I be..

watching tv

my daughter watching Tv and mobile how to make her away from it bcoz of i..

having stomach pain

my son is 4 n half year . from last 4 days when he eat anything his stomach pain..