Doesn't want to chew food

Shruti Maheshwari

Hi, My baby is 2. 7 yrs... The problem wid her is she doesn't want to chew... She keeps her bites in mouth for longer tym than usual. I keep on saying chew fast chew fast whc makes me irritated. How do i encourage her to chew her food fast. Pls help

Shruti Maheshwari

Hii shikha thanks, i will try showing her pucs of cavities... Hope it helps.

Hey Shruti! Does she do something along with it while having food like watching rhymes on ipad or viewing TV? Children tend to get lost in the cartoon or whatever activity is going on alongside and forget to chew. they have to be constantly reminded to do so. You could try following things: 1. Avoid diverting her mind with TV or ipad or phones (if that's being done ). 2. Show her pics of children with cavities on net and let her know that keeping food in mouth for long causes cavities. 3. give her small bites which are easy and faster to chew. 4. Give her handy food which she can feed herself like idli or dosa rolled so that it becomes easier for her to hold or chapati rolled, sandwiches with vegetables or paneer as stuffing etc. If she would feed herself she would know when she is full and would stop on her own. Though u could assist her in putting spoons of dal or raita alongside. She would soon unlearn this habit if she is constantly reminded and also made to have food along with other family members. Hope this helps!

Diet concern

Hi ladies. Hope you all are doing great. My question is regarding baby's lunch..

mishti dahi is good for her

hi my daughter is 13 months old,is mishti dahi is good for her...

fruits/dry fruit intake

plz suggest how much fruits we should give to a 2 yrs toddler per day. I give..

corn flakes to 1year baby

Hi, is it safe to introduce corn flakes to my 1 year baby.. or when to introduc..

my baby only taking breastfeeding she doesn't like any other food if feed any f..

probiotics

what probiotics or prebiotic we can give to my 2 yr old son.

my baby is 1 year 2 months, wat foods sh..

suggest food list for my 1 year 2 months daughter

soups

Hi my son is 1 yr 5 mnths old,whch type of veg soups, can i prefer to my son? an..