Doesn't want to chew food

Shruti Maheshwari

Hi, My baby is 2. 7 yrs... The problem wid her is she doesn't want to chew... She keeps her bites in mouth for longer tym than usual. I keep on saying chew fast chew fast whc makes me irritated. How do i encourage her to chew her food fast. Pls help

Shruti Maheshwari

Hii shikha thanks, i will try showing her pucs of cavities... Hope it helps.

Hey Shruti! Does she do something along with it while having food like watching rhymes on ipad or viewing TV? Children tend to get lost in the cartoon or whatever activity is going on alongside and forget to chew. they have to be constantly reminded to do so. You could try following things: 1. Avoid diverting her mind with TV or ipad or phones (if that's being done ). 2. Show her pics of children with cavities on net and let her know that keeping food in mouth for long causes cavities. 3. give her small bites which are easy and faster to chew. 4. Give her handy food which she can feed herself like idli or dosa rolled so that it becomes easier for her to hold or chapati rolled, sandwiches with vegetables or paneer as stuffing etc. If she would feed herself she would know when she is full and would stop on her own. Though u could assist her in putting spoons of dal or raita alongside. She would soon unlearn this habit if she is constantly reminded and also made to have food along with other family members. Hope this helps!

papaya

helo my son is 2 years old . he loves papaya. he eTs too much papaya. is it good..

1. 5 yr baby food

Varieties for baby food

food chart for one year baby

hi ladies pl tell me the healthy food chart of 1 year baby

intro of Channa

can I give Channa smashed to my 1 yr baby ? pl guide

Fruits dislike

My baby is of 2 years and she does not like to eat fruits at all

refusing food

my baby 1yr 2 months. she is not eating properly specially food but she is drink..

Food habits and Low weight

My daughter is 2 years 4 months. She is 11. 4 kgs. And she have only Dal, rice,..

length

my daughter length 75 and weight 8. 4 she is 17 month I am worried plz help m..