Ear piercing-Any Suggestions

Charanjot

Please share any suggestions/recommendations for getting ear-pierced... traditional method or bullet one is good... what is an ideal age to get this done... My daughter is now seven months old... most of my friends and even my paedieatric says its fine to get this done now...

• 11

Farida Dahodwala

hi,i got my daughters ear pierced when she was 2 months old. got it done the traditional way. and she didnt even flinch. there ws no crying or pain wotsoevr. jus applied coconut oil for a week and it healed

Neena

Hey Ritu, you could try this shop in the Galleria market - its called Jeweleria. On the first floor. There is an elderly gentleman who does the piercing with a silver/gold wire, if that's what you are looking for.

No Ritu, you are definitely not too late. Both my sister and I had our ears pierced at the age of 8. My daughter is 5 years old and I still have not got her ears pierced. Now she has herself started asking for it, and promises she wont cry! There are varying opinions on the right age for piercing, but personally, I believe that a child should be old enough to understand the pain and decide for herself, rather than have it imposed on her just because she is a girl. Its rather a radical view, I know, but I have had no trouble with my piercing at age 8, and we were both old enough to understand to take care of ourselves so that it does not get infectious.

Charanjot

many thanks to all here

Ritu

Reading all the comments I think I am too late to get the ears pierced for my daughter. She is 3+ years old. Can anyone tell me where can I get it done in gurgaon?

Binsy Benny

I got my daughters ears pierced the traditional way when she was 6 months old. She cried so much that my husband said that he doesnt want to pierce the 2nd ear, but we did it and we used to apply coconut oil on her ears. But after 1 month, she had an infection in 1 of her ears which healed but she used to be cranky. When she was 11 months old we replaced the rings with studs and after that its not given us much problems. Hence i would suggest to go for gunshot method because there is always a chance of infection when they pull on their earrings. Studs are a safer option.

Dear Charanjot, i took my daughter at the age of 6 months for her ear piercings and we went the gun shot way , the good thing was that the guy put an ointment on her ear lobes that disinfects as well as numbs the earlobe and asked us to come back 15- 20 minutes later. When we went back after 30 minutes and got the ear pierced she did not feel a thing and it healed quickly too. The only issue with it was in the next three months she had yanked the ear studs a couple of times and then i finally had to insert the ear rings myself which hurt her at the time. My mum tells me that my ears were pierced when i was 7 days old... kudos to my mum on that note ... dont worry and go with what makes sense to you...

Prajakta Deodhar

Hi Charanjot, i got my daughters ear peirced when she was 4 months old. i would suggest the traditional way is better and you should get it done as soon as possible.... As the baby grows up they get more n more smarter n then she might start playing with the earings which will hurt her over n over again...

Hi Charanjot. We got my daughter's ears pierced when she was 5 months old. We got it done at a jewellery store and by the gun shot method. It was quick and she had no problems after that. It hurt only for the first few minutes when she was inconsolable! You could go in for the traditional method too, but I am told that in the traditional way the hole made is too small and it may be a problem later when you decide to change the earrings. Good luck :)

Charanjot

Thanks for your suggestion and wishes :)

Neena

Hey Charanjot, I took my niece for ear piercing. I took her to this silver jewelery shop a friend recommended, where an elderly person does the ear piercing. He was so efficient and undoubtedly experienced. He used a very thing gold wire for piercing and the child did not even come to know when it happened. He then applied soframycin on both ear lobes. She did just fine. Although she was older than your little girl when we did this but as your friends and ped say, she may do just fine.. Although I would have waited a couple of months more :)Nonetheless, in our families this occasion is like a little celebration isn't it, so congratulations in advance.. !

periods

hello friends dec month I get my first periods after delivery. so flow was heavy..

my 6 nd hlf bby is doing poop after i give him outer milk or cerelac wht should..

weight

hi my weight during 9 mnth was 73 nw my baby is 2 mnths old and still my weight..

not taking food

hi,my lo is 11 mths till 10 mths she used to eat all wat i feed but frm past 1 m..

cough n cold

hy my baby is 4 n half mnths old n is hvin cough n cold.... nt dat severe bt yes..

Food

pls suggest me 3 soild food for my baby as he is going to complete 6 month in th..