Enteroviral infections - symtoms and how to deal with it ..

Enteroviral infections typically cause a non-specific febrile illness and with that you can see fairly high fever. In other words, just like the thermometer as summer heat arrives , 101-104 degrees of fever is not uncommon in the patients.   Remember the mantra, “fever is our friend”. I think it is almost worse to have a high fever in the summer as you are even more uncomfortable because it is already hot! With that being said, if your child has a fever, don’t bundle them up with layers of clothes and blankets.   It is perfectly acceptable to have your younger child in a diaper and t-shirt, and older children can be in sundress or shorts rather than long sleeves and pants.   Bundling may increase the body temperature, even while you are driving to the doctor’s office. The hot body needs to breathe in order to cool itself down. These summer enteroviruses may cause other symptoms as well as fever, so many kids may have sore throats and also vomiting and having diarrhea. With this type of virus one also hears complaints of headaches and body aches (myalgias).   Besides treating the fevers, treat the other symptoms to make them comfortable.   If they are vomiting do not give them anything to eat and start giving them frequent sips of liquids such as electrol or Ginger Ale. Small volumes are the key.  

weight loss

after c- section how to tighten belly... 5 months completed still I didn't get..

hi

hi all, I recently got hurt to my ankles and I tie band whenever I have pain for..

related to ma periods after delivery

hello frnds, I got ma periods soon after a month of c section delivery, this is..

Reusable dipers

Is anyone using reusable diaper? can any one tell which brand will be best?

about the mother

Hi. I m a mother to a 3month old . this app/blog is really helping me with my ne..

umbilical cord

There is a lot of advertising on stem cell preservation, is it really important..

stuffy nose

hi friends my baby is 7 1/2 months and he always have stuffy nose. ..nose is al..

yoga or Aerobics after c section

it's 4. 5 months after c section can I start doing yoga or aerobics to lose my..