Enteroviral infections - symtoms and how to deal with it ..

Enteroviral infections typically cause a non-specific febrile illness and with that you can see fairly high fever. In other words, just like the thermometer as summer heat arrives , 101-104 degrees of fever is not uncommon in the patients.   Remember the mantra, “fever is our friend”. I think it is almost worse to have a high fever in the summer as you are even more uncomfortable because it is already hot! With that being said, if your child has a fever, don’t bundle them up with layers of clothes and blankets.   It is perfectly acceptable to have your younger child in a diaper and t-shirt, and older children can be in sundress or shorts rather than long sleeves and pants.   Bundling may increase the body temperature, even while you are driving to the doctor’s office. The hot body needs to breathe in order to cool itself down. These summer enteroviruses may cause other symptoms as well as fever, so many kids may have sore throats and also vomiting and having diarrhea. With this type of virus one also hears complaints of headaches and body aches (myalgias).   Besides treating the fevers, treat the other symptoms to make them comfortable.   If they are vomiting do not give them anything to eat and start giving them frequent sips of liquids such as electrol or Ginger Ale. Small volumes are the key.  

about the mother

Hi. I m a mother to a 3month old . this app/blog is really helping me with my ne..

Back pain

hi all my baby is one month 2 days old she doesn't sleep at nights she will not..

Heavy Bleeding after 6. 5 months C secti..

Hi All, Have delivered my female baby in the month of September and had very li..

Hi.. my mil is suffering from bone cance..

My Mil is suffering my bone cancer. she takes my 9 months old daughter and kiss..

blood infection

my daughter has blood infection 17000 with fever and cough .i consult with docto..

oil n shampoo for hair

My Lil one s 16 months nw. til nw am using johnsons baby products for hair oil a..

hair fall

i have 11 months baby... when he was 4 i noticed extreme hair fall.. it continu..

Cancer problem in a family

Hello. My Mil is suffering from bone cancer.. her chemotherapy haven't started y..