Facebook account

Mar 20, 2014

Hi parents, My son is studying in eighth standard. He is 13 year old. Some of his friends are on facebook, he also wants to join. Is it the right age to let him have a facebook account? Please suggest.

• 2

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Swati, difficult decision to make. We have read in news papers about the disadvantages of social network sites. Teen tantrums and emotions might interpret status updates on wall differently. Also the clear picture of privacy settings may not be there. So sharing personal views openly might end up with problems. Maybe they can start with mail conversations. Then after 2 years may be u can allow him. There is a risk of other kids making fun of , addiction, demotivation, friendship break ups etc.

Hi Swati, Here is a link to a similar parent talk that you may find relevant: http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/mom-i-want-to-join-facebook/702

least interested in studies.. don't have..

she doesn't want to staudy.. she is moody when she want to do wil do it by 100%b..

habit

gives back answering

parenting

to make child self dependant

about my daughter

hi ,as I mentioned that my daughter age is 12 and she is in standard 6th, is i..

Building permanent friends and peer grou..

My child will be 12 this April . Still she does not have friend or friends circl..

About behavior changes in teenagers

My son is 12 yrs old he become too much hyper some times , he is telling lie and..