Facing exams

Sandhya Ganapathi

My son is in 9th std and in karnataka state syllabus. He answer all the question bank papers at home and tutions. But either he is lazy to write the complete answers in the exams or he blanks out. How can he over come this.   He is handwriting for average till he came 6th - 7th std, but now his handwriting has become worst.     He is good at sketching, paintings and making tatoos. He is also going for his painting classes with a professional artist.   Please guide me how can he over come facing exams, not that he is scared of exams. He not scared of anyone, anything.

• 5

Sandhya Ganapathi

Thanks Neena for your mail. Yes he does writes in tutions all long answers he doesnt write in exams.

Neena

Hello Sandhya, I can relate to your concern. Since my child is not willing to go for tuition, I have to ensure that he is thorough with whatever is being taught at school. Here's what I have started doing recently, once we complete a chapter, I give him questions and he practices writing longer answers, you could perhaps convey the same to his tuition teacher.

yeah, me too, been trying that he gets accustomed to writing longer answers, I guess will take some time! We can keep trying :)

Sandhya Ganapathi

Thanks so much Neetu. Sometimes yes, in his school they never give home works. Only notes he needs to write down. Apart from this he goes for tutions in the evening. He likes his tution teacher as she is more friendly with kids. He is very lazy in writing long answers. I do keep telling him, going further he will have more long answers to do.

Wow Sandhya, seems like you are raising a multi talented interesting personality over there! Please relax. I have recently faced something similar with my child. We would prepare thoroughly for an exam but his marks wont come out as expected. What I have understood so far is that if the exam question is worded differently, he would not be able to sometimes comprehend the question and therefore would come back saying he did not know the answer. This can happen, since teachers tend to frame exam questions differently. For example, he has learnt about a topic in the form of a question / answer,,in the exam he was asked to write a short note on the topic. So the child can be confused, and not able to convert his knowledge into a short note. And yes, our boys can be lazy at times and not write long answers in the exam. So when we do homework, I have started telling him that our answer needs to be descriptive (in higher classes).. and give him ideas to make longer answers. About the handwriting, I have seen, my boy's handwriting went bad in the times when he would feel stressed about getting good marks and all, but now we follow a relaxed, positive approach, and handwriting is getting better. Does you boy feel pressurized to get good grades? Pls share more and take care.

how to motivate my child

guidelines for her studies

not studying

my son is not studying at all &he is telling lie what to do please let me know

lack of selfstudy

my daughter is 12years old. she is not interested in self study & her hand writi..

behaviour

telling lies

online tutorials

hi my son next year going to class 9th and I am searching online tuitions for hi..

my son who is going to write 10 board ex..

suggest me how to prepare my son fr 10 class

school

Can someone give me review about nps jayanagar 7th block Pl thinking about my ki..

tests

my son 12 years is not getting good grades he answers very nicely in class befor..