Fan or AC?? Which is better for babies?

Sneha

Apr 11, 2015

Fan or AC?? Which is better for babies?

• 3

Kanika Das

Nice to know I was too worried about this

Rachna

Sneha, There is no bottomline on this, I think. It depends: fan is better sometimes as it allows you to keep the room doors open which in turn keeps the air circulating, allowing fresh air to come in, but the downside is when a child is sick or has an injury, direct draft of air from the fan can aggravate illness/pain or give him a cold etc. Ideally, I think, it is important to keep the child away from getting direct drafts of cold air be it from the A/C or the fan. Keep the temperature comfortable and clad the child well--in case he is not in the habit of covering himself with a sheet. Also, do not addict the child to either--let him enjoy the fresh air from the balcony on some nights and A/C on paticularly hot nights.

Sneha - mantaining a certain ambient temperature for newly borns is the key. One of the watchouts is leaving the baby alone in a room with the aircon on, avoid that if you could. being around in an air conditioned room or in case there is a fluctuations in ambient temperature.

lost child in his own world

my kid always remain in the world of super heroes and cartoon while studying. al..

low concentration

I have 10 years old daughter having very low concentration she always try to av..

my daughter shows interest in others and..

my 7 year old daughter always want to go to others house and spend time with out..

unhappy child

my 8 years old son gets bored of anything very soon. ..seems emotionally very se..

she is not concentrating in studies

how to make her to interest in studies

My daughter gets distracted while studyi..

she gets very much distracted while studying or writing

kid with negativity

my kidwho is 7 years old always shouts and criticise me. she will start her day..

how do I get care his psychological matt..

L am a working mother so how can I manage his violence