Finger sucking

Powravi Kulkarni

My daughter had completed 3 months an is in her 4th month.. lately she has started sucking her fingers. Whenever she is awake she wants to put the fingers in the mouth and suck. She sometime get irritated and starts crying. I brest feed her every 2hrs. I am worried about the finger sucking. How do I stop it. She some times throws out the milk that she has drank due to this.

• 2

Zanzanil Patel

Yes ishani, children usually by 4-5 months start putting things in the mouth to chew on them because their gums are itching because of teething and if it's very painful for them they tend to be uneasy

Ishani s

Hi powravi.. It's just her fingers now.. In a month's time it will be your fingers and everything she lays her hands on. I don't have a solution actually even I am looking for an advice to how to discourage my 6 month old to put everything in his mouth. They say, babies explore with their mouths. Just check for teething because that's what my paed said, that my son is teething.

healthy n tasty home made baby food

Hi namasthe, my son is 10months old, is completely depends on breast feeding n n..

motions

my daughter 5 months old. she is having loose motions since last week. I consul..

how to sleep train your 2 and a half mon..

how to train your baby to sleep at night

my 3 months lo has got cough suggest me..

he has got cold n cough doctor has given mucolite.. pls suggest home remedies

i need advice regarding baby care

hi mera baby 5 months ka hai uski aankhon se bahut paani nikalta hai doc said no..

feeder

is it safe to give feed baby with bottle?

head is very hot

My 5 month old daughter head will be always more hot than other body parts from..

Babies might starve with shields..

hi mommies, here is an advice, who ever using nipple shields in the early weeks..