flu vaccine

Parul Garg

Hello, my trusted ped has been after me to get my lo the flu vacvine. Is it any good? Will it mean that i have to give it her every year?   She is an average height/weight child with no dramatic cold problems.  

• 5

Radhika Thombre

Great

Parul Garg

yea Radhika, I did finally get the flu vaccine for my kid too.

Radhika Thombre

Hi! Parul, Here in Pune Swine flue is taking toll and so my ped adviced me to give my twins Swine Flu injection. 1 month apart. I did not want to take a chance and have got them Vaccinated. First time it is two injections and later it has to be administered once only.

Parul Garg

Thanks a lot Arunima. This was very helpful.

Hi Parul. Flu vaccines are becoming increasingly popular these days. Though my daughter or I has never taken a shot, my husband takes one each year. My friend's son has been getting one each year since the age of 2 years (he is 4 now). I do not think there is any harm in taking one since it helps to boost the immunity and as a result your child may suffer from lesser bouts of cold and flu. The downside of taking the vaccine is the side effects, which are quite strong. Muscle ache, soreness in the arm where the shot is given, nausea, headache, lethargy are felt within a few hours of taking the vaccine and can last up to 2 days. So your child will need to take proper rest till she feels better. If you decide to take your child for the vaccine, please make sure the doctor informs you in detail of the side effects and reactions, if any and how to deal with them. Hope this helps answer your question :)

running nose

my son is suffering from severe cold also having running nose since morning. plz..

vomiting problem

hi ..my baby boy is two yr old ....he is doing to much vomiting... daily two or..

weight

my baby 8s 1. 2 yrs and she is 8. 3 kdg only is it normal

diet plan

what to give my baby to make him strong. he does not have all teeth. his haemogl..

chicken pox

hi My 17 months baby having chicken pox and fever he can't sleep any crying a lo..

brushing

hi my son doesnot brush. When in the morning I brush with him he takes my brush..

Rusk for baby

Hi . . Pls suggest me, can i give rusk with milk for my 14month boy baby

height issue

hi my kid is 2yrs 10mnths nw but her height is not as much as required what can..