Foot hands and mouth ...

Pallavi Deepak

Hi... my son is 7 1/2 year has a red rashes in his hands and legs ... any medicine .... Please suggest it ... r any body has face the same problem

• 1

Carol

Pallavi, Does he also have sore throat, runny nose and slight fever? If so it may be Hand foot mouth disease which is a viral disease that causes small blisters inside the mouth and/or gums, in hands and legs too. There is no specific treatment for it. But you can provide only symptomatic relief. Give Paracetamol for fever (avoid aspirin as he is too small), rinse mouth with salt water (1/2 tsp of salt to a glass of water) for mouth blisters, keep him well hydrated. give sufficient fluid. Give extra fluid in case he has fever. it can spread by nose and throat discharge saliva, the fluid from the ruptured blisters and feces of infected person. Thorough hand wash after touching any nose or throat discharge or after using toilet is mandatory. Do not send him to school till he recovers. The symptoms may remain for a week or a little more than that.

health and food

allergies

my son omar is 8+ now,daily he will be sneezing in d morning,n every month he wi..

helth ad wellness

about hight her hight is not devlope

my child dosent put on weight he is underweight

my son is 10 years old his weight is 46kg. He is over weight then how I give die..

my son have allergy he have cold n cough at every time specially in winter I ta..