Frequent cold n cough

Priyanka Malode

Every month she suffers from cold n I end giving antibiotics,which is not good for health,please provide a solution to avoid frequent cough n cold. she is going to school that is also could be a reason for infection quickly..

• 1

Hi Priyanka. Research has shown that children below the age of 6years catch a cold up to 8 times a year! Common cold is normally caused by virus, hence antibiotics do not effectively treat a cold. What I do with my kids when they have a cold (which feels like all year round) is practice proper hygiene,change wash their bed linen often, wash clothes more, use a hand sanitizer when washing of the hands is not possible and the like. In addition to these, I let the viral run its course, which usually lasts for 5 days with fever. I treat the fever with a normal Paracetamol or Ibuprofen, give them home made chicken or veg soup, use vicks especially at night and give them each a warm bath everyday, which greatly helps with the congestion. Hope this helps!

Ideal weight of 18 months baby

My baby is 18 months and his weight is 10. 57 kg .. is that ok ? I am worried ab..

sleeping problems

sleeping problems...... my son is 11 months old not sleeping properly ..at nigh..

Breakfast

Give some breakfast ideas my son is 17 months old. Bored of eating poha upma idl..

hi my ayushna is 1y 11m now a days eati..

my babies bad habit rectify

My son is 1. 3yrs suffering from noisy c..

My son is suffering from noisy cough and is restless from last 2_3days... as he..

How to cure cough by natural remedies

My child is having cough. What to do ?? N how can we. Improve immunity power

sleeping

my baby is not taking proper sleeping what can i do

teeth cavity

my baby is 2 yrs old and she is having cavity in her front teeth ..m not giving..