Frequent cold n cough

Priyanka Malode

Every month she suffers from cold n I end giving antibiotics,which is not good for health,please provide a solution to avoid frequent cough n cold. she is going to school that is also could be a reason for infection quickly..

• 1

Hi Priyanka. Research has shown that children below the age of 6years catch a cold up to 8 times a year! Common cold is normally caused by virus, hence antibiotics do not effectively treat a cold. What I do with my kids when they have a cold (which feels like all year round) is practice proper hygiene,change wash their bed linen often, wash clothes more, use a hand sanitizer when washing of the hands is not possible and the like. In addition to these, I let the viral run its course, which usually lasts for 5 days with fever. I treat the fever with a normal Paracetamol or Ibuprofen, give them home made chicken or veg soup, use vicks especially at night and give them each a warm bath everyday, which greatly helps with the congestion. Hope this helps!

deworming medicine for kid

what medicine should give for deworming a 1. 3 year baby

baby weight

my daughter is 2. 3 months old now.. Her weight is 8. 7 kg. Am worried about her..

My baby weight

She is an 1. 5 yr old n her weigh 8s only 10kg. Is it OK. Or she has always suff..

my son is 18 month old and he offtenly s..

my son is 18 month old and he offtenly suffering from gummy diherria .at the tim..

baby girl not eating

my daughter is 15 months old. she doesn't eat any natural food such as rice, dal..

weight improvement

hi everybody, my son is three years old but his weight is not proper even he eat..

asthama

my baby is having asthama...... and she is not having proper food.... what to d..