Getting ready for Play School

Shikha Garg

Mar 23, 2013

My lil girl will turn 2 on 1st June. A new chapter in her life as well as our life is about to begin.... sending her to a Play School. A life beyond the comfortable and protected environment at home. Earlier it seems easy for me but now when the time is near, it looks like the most difficult decision. Please let me know about your exepriences and help me how to prepare myself and my lil one for this event in our life. also, can anyone suggest me what all preperations a=i need to do for this.   Thanks Shikha

Hi Shikha. How was your little princesses first day at the playschool? And how was it for you? Hope it all went off well and if it was a rocky first day, dont worry, things will change for the better. This is a normal transition in any parent and child's life. Would love to hear from you on how it went :)

Shikha Garg

Finally, the day has come. My princess will be going to school today.... its a sleepless night for me. Just keeping my finger crossed.

jasmine

hi shikha, my daughter is 2 now.. n i hve workd in a preschool for almost a decade. wen i ws workin n not a mother.. i wud so often feel tht y do mothrs have sooo much anxiety abt their kid. though i ws a mothr at heart to all my students bt ws able to understand the anxiety only till an extent. n nw tht evn i plan to put my daughter in school i am soo anxious. bein a parent is actually an xperience in itself. bt thanx to my experince of a bein a teacher am dealin wit my anxiety better. dont worry n b assured. ur kid will certainly enjoy school soon.

Shikha Garg

Thanks a lot Shanaya and Arunima, after reading your suggestions I must say i am feeling a lot more confident and prepared to send my lil darling to play school. i will definitly keeps these points in mind. once again Thanks a lot.

Hi Shikha. It is indeed a new chapter and some of the first steps towards independence for your little girl. In addition to what Shanaya has said, I would like to share a few other suggestions- 1. Considering that you have already selected a play school where you will be sending your child, it would be a good idea to take a through look at their facilities, if you already have not done so. 2. You could meet the teachers personally and find out the routine they follow for the kids, the kind of food they serve etc. This will also give you an opportunity to bring out your concerns and things you would like them to keep in mind with regards to you daughter (for example if she is allergic to a particular food). 3. It would be great if they could summarize the day's activities for you when you go to fetch your daughter at the end of the school day. This way you will know what all she did that day. 4. You may want to keep a set of spare clothes with you at all times and also may need to provide a set for the school. 5. Once she starts going to the playschool, you may want to keep goodbyes short and quick. I was told by my daughter's playschool teachers is that the longer we spend with them before leaving them in the school, the more difficult it gets for them to settle down. So a quick hug, a kiss and bye bye would be good. Before you know it,she will look forward to going and doing all the fun things with her new friends :) Hope this transition is an easy one for both your daughter and you. Take care.

Shanaya

about preparing your child,it will help if you could take her for a school tour once or twice, familiarize her and talk about the good things that will happen there. it will also help to try and set up a routine as per school timings 15 days ahead of the actual joining date. this is going to be a wonderful phase - a new routine for everyone at home where parents get a breather and children become somewhat independent.. enjoy it!

Shanaya

hi Shikha, congratulations, this is indeed an important milestone in your child's life as well as yours. Its not just children, us mums also feel separation anxiety since we are so used to having the kids around all the time and taking care of them. Initially your child may take some time to adjust to the new set up and new people but soon she will start loving it. the best part is when they learn rhymes and things at school and repeat them at home. We used to make videos of my child and its overwhelming to watch them now. And then the fancy dress things and events that happen, you will only be too happy that your child is getting to have so many experiences, which are not possible at home.

baby s tooth

my son two year old his front tooth enamel has gone completely what are the reme..

not obeying

I don't know what I have to do how to make my son to be obedient, not listening..

Daughter don't speak mich

My daughter don't speak much. She's 2. 4 months old. She's very intelligent th..

Sleep pattern for 1. 2 years old

My little one waking up frequently in the night for every 2 hrs. Either I have t..

breast feeding

plz suggest me how to stop breast feeding of 2. 1year baby.

NT HAVING FOOD

Hii my son is 1 year 3 mnths. He had cold 10 days back. From tut time he s refus..

My child anger behaviour.

he is very short tampered. if no one listen to him or agree with his,he start th..

winter care

now in udaipur temp 9-7,deg. how to protect my daughter?