Headache

Neha

Mar 27, 2014

Hi parents, My 15 year old son complaints of persistent headache, his eyesight is normal. He also catches cold very often, is this the reason for his headache? Please advise

• 3

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Neha, Yes, frequent colds can also lead to headaches when mucus gets collected in sinuses, but that would be a pain near the cheekbones, near the nose. If the pain in at the back of the head, it could be postural or an injury. Pain in the temples or one side of the head could be migraine. When he complains next, try pressing different parts of the head and asking him where it hurts. You could also consider taking him to an ENT. Headaches can also be triggered off after long gaps in meals, sensitivity to sun, heat, or even too much of breeze, allergy to certain foods, tiredness due to excessive screen time, or stress. Try and identify a pattern and maybe once you have the cause, you will be able to treat them. Hope this helps you. Take care.

You can also have a look at the mentioned link to a informative blog that you may find relevant: http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/fighting-cold-and-flu/389

Hi Neha, Here is a link to the similar parent talk that you may find relevant: http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/persistent-headache/914

Is Weight of My Child is Normal

He is 11 yrs 4 mnths of age . His Height is 141 cm & Weight is 42 Kg is it norm..

is it advisable to use skin whitening cr..

is it advisable to use skin whitening cream for a 12 year girl

teenage pimple problems

hello ., my neice who is 16 years old is having pimple problems she has tried ma..

follow up for dengue fever

one month back my daughter of age 14 yrs and 10 months was admitted in hospital..

memory

my son is 12 years old his problem is that he don't remember anything, his memor..

Child's height

Is it really normal for a 13 year old to have height of 5. 10 ft?? Just worried.