Health Drink for Toddlers

Nagalakshmi

May I know the best health drink for toddlers... My son is 1yr and 3 months... He drinks milk often. I am wondering whether to start up with any health drink.. Any suggestions plz help me :)

• 8

Nagalakshmi

Do any one of u people have any idea abt the herballife's pdt Dinoshake...

Vidisha

Given the blast of tips and suggestions above, may I simply add plain-old nimbu water to this list. In Winters, I serve it with lukewarm water (add lemon just before serving) and in Summers, with cold water(sugar/honey mixed not by hand, but in the mixer... with kala-namak and pudina leaves). Tastes different from the typical one and when served in tall glass, with a straw and translucent ice-cubes, it's face appeal increases instantly. But, in general, you must avoid relying on packaged fruit juices. Thanks!

Nagalakshmi

I have started with soup and juice on alternate days.. though he hesitates in d beginning he has started to taste them... Thanks Tanuja Sodhi

Nagalakshmi

Tanuja Sodhi

Hi Nagalakshmi, While Arunima and Aashna have suggested a whole lot of nutritious drinks for your baby like fruit smoothies, coconut water and a few hot beverages; you may want to give your son simple fruit juices like apple/pear juice diluted with a little water; a little carrot juice; an apple stewed, pureed, strained, cooled and diluted with water; you could even add carrot to the stew. Although all fruit juices are intrinsically nutritious, you need to be careful with the citrus ones (such as orange, lemon, sweet lime & grapefruit), since they’re acidic in nature and may not suit every child younger than two years of age. Some toddlers may develop nappy rashes or rashes around mouth. Moong/masoor dal liquid and boiled rice water are also good sources of energy and protein.

Nagalakshmi

Thanks a lot Anurima and Aashna... I will try this for sure.

Aashna

Hi Nagalakshmi. Anurima has suggested some nice drinks here. Since it is winter, you could also give him some warm drinks. You may try making some chicken or vegetable stock by boiling the chicken/ mixed vegs. Strain the stock into another vessel. If you wish, you can mash and add some of the chicken or vegs into the stock, season with salt & pepper and give it your son to drink. You may also try making tomato rasam- blend one medium sized tomato and cook it till it gets pulpy. Add some water and 1 tsp rasam/ sambar powder and salt. Boil for a few mins, strain to remove an tomato skin or seeds. You son can have this a drink too. This is a great remedy to sooth sore throat. Just add some pepper!

Hi Nagalakshmi. I can suggest some ideas for homemade drinks, which I been have given my daughter. To get your son to have more fruits, you may make fruit smoothies-blend any seasonal fresh fruit such as bananas,apples,mangoes in a blender,mix in some plain yogurt and little milk and serve. You may not need to add any sugar as the sugar from the fruit will sweeten the drink. You may also give him some lassi- make and keep for it to come to room temperature. Since oranges are in season now, you may also make some fresh orange juice. Even coconut water is a great choice! If you need to add sugar to any of the drinks, you may try to substitute it with honey. Honey will provide with the sweetness and your son will also get the goodness of honey. Hope this helps :)

1 yr baby diet chart nd time table

hii..... my baby is 1 yr old plz sussest me diet chart nd time table for him......

2 yr baby scare of male people

my 2 yrs baby scare of maximum number of male person. whenever she see any male..

2 year toddler throwing tantrums.

She screams at the top of her voice i don't know what to do and how to control h..

very aggressive

my daughter is 2. 5 years old n she is very aggressive. If I say no for anything..

talking

my son 2. 4 years old doesn't talk yet

How to get rid off feeding bottle

How to get rid of feeding bottle my son is 2. 6yr old

worms

when to give albendazole to children. night or early morning